• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What A Time To Ask For Help

20 posts in this topic

Hello Folks----through all this today I have received two emails from what is supposed to be the collectors society. They said that I had a private message and left me this link to push.

http:// boards. collectors--society.com/ login.php

Can anyone tell me if this is legit?? Afraid to open the link----afraid my computer will blow up. It's like those fake Ebay things you should not open. How do you know if it is a real message and remain "SAFE". You guys know that I know nothing of computers----HELP. Bob [supertooth]

Bob, how cool! You rated a personalized green moniker. But green teeth and dentistry just don't go hand in hand. Yuk! 893whatthe.gif

Hello Folks----through all this today I have received two emails from what is supposed to be the collectors society. They said that I had a private message and left me this link to push.

http:// boards. collectors--society.com/ login.php

Can anyone tell me if this is legit?? Afraid to open the link----afraid my computer will blow up. It's like those fake Ebay things you should not open. How do you know if it is a real message and remain "SAFE". You guys know that I know nothing of computers----HELP. Bob [supertooth]

1) It is legit since I sent one of those PMs to you.

2) When you are on the forums, just click on My Home and you'll see if you have PMs waiting for you there.

Tom----I am still afraid to open the darn thing. And, you, my friend are not funny. Maybe somebody from collectors society could send me a PM. I would open that?

Victor----I am already afraid of this computer thing. It hardly ever does what I think that I am telling it to do. Are you spending the Summer at your mom's place? Your place now. Bob [supertooth]

• Administrator

I gave supertooth and CTCollector a very limited set of mod powers to be able to move WYNK posts to the WYNK folder. That's pretty much all they can do.

Arch

Victor----I am already afraid of this computer thing. It hardly ever does what I think that I am telling it to do.

Maybe your name is green because it has a virus ?

I know what you mean about the computers! If it ain't one thing then it's another. My computer in my motel room wireless is down now. Maybe that's a good thing because I'm spending more time reading and exercising instead of being on the computer.

Are you spending the Summer at your mom's place? Your place now.

Nope, I'm in Northern Nevada right now doing MRI's. I spent two weeks in Arkansas when I left New Mexico, just enough time to get Caleb infested with fleas. That Frontline stuff simply does not work!

Actually, I bought the place in Arkansas as a place for my mom to retire. As you recall, she died in May. frown.gif So, there was nothing to transfer. I'm going to keep working for a few more months and take some time off in Feb. or so and put some log cabin siding up and build a deck on the front. I was going to do it this summer but it is/was just too darn hot!

Ok guys----get a good laugh from this old man. I have it figured out now. Apparently, somehow the collector's society has been sending me a personal Email today for every time that I have received a PM message. I figured this out as Victor was sending me PM's. They were the exact same times as the emails. This does not compute as I have never received a notice email from the collector's soceity notifying me that I had a PM message. Your guess is as good as mine as to why this is happening at this time. Bob [supertooth]

Ok guys----get a good laugh from this old man. I have it figured out now. Apparently, somehow the collector's society has been sending me a personal Email today for every time that I have received a PM message. I figured this out as Victor was sending me PM's. They were the exact same times as the emails. This does not compute as I have never received a notice email from the collector's soceity notifying me that I had a PM message. Your guess is as good as mine as to why this is happening at this time. Bob [supertooth]

Maybe you have found out by now that receiving a notification from NGC every time you have a message from a Collector Society Member that this is a security feature. Keeps your email private and may be a good idea since you are a moderator. That is the way I have mine set up.

I spent two weeks in Arkansas when I left New Mexico, just enough time to get Caleb infested with fleas. That Frontline stuff simply does not work!

I use Revolution on my cat. It prevents fleas, ticks, ear mites, and heartworms. It's a once a month liquid treatment. I would think that the dog version is just as good, as I've been very happy with it. Wiped out a flea problem Akeelah had in a day or two. Great stuff.

(See, I do give useful advice)

Michael, I feel like a heel, now. sorry.gif

Thanks for the tip. thumbsup2.gif

Bob,

Go to My home .

Then to Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving forum posts by email, change message notifications, etc.

And set you preferences from there.

I gave supertooth and CTCollector a very limited set of mod powers to be able to move WYNK posts to the WYNK folder. That's pretty much all they can do.

Arch

Wow, Bob, I'm in the midst of a celebrity. Will I have to make an appointment, now, to send you an e-mail or PM? hail.gifsmile.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifflowerred.gif

Chris

Victor-----THANKS

Chris-----Good to see you posting. I, for one, miss you when you are not around. And, I did just this minute notice that they put a little yellow thingy next to my name---with a little 'M'on it. When all this was going on yesterday, I found out some more stuff that this computer can do----that Bob has absolutely no idea about. In talking to Arch, I told him to continue taking care of the WYNTK threads. Heck, I would not know how to fix it anyway. But, at least now I can write to him---which is really good. I guess a lot of the guys have gotten another great laugh on me---which is great. I just need Barb and Karen to get anything done. Karen put my deer on for me. And we are still working on the pictures----maybe one day. Karen has left written instructions for Barb. Maybe Santa will bring the new digital camera. You take care Chris. Bob [supertooth]

The special green of supertooth and the waving "M" flag are very intimidating. I'm sad that you're not just one of us plain folks anymore, Bob. sorry.gif

• Administrator

Well, since Bob won't be doing the moving of posts, but instead will just be eh... the executive consultant on what to move... we will make him normal looking, but bless him with a custom title. wink.gif

OH Geeee ARCH----I sort of liked my little yellow thingy. But, you have it figured out now. I am absolutely dependent on somebody else when it comes to these computers. I am lucky that I am capable of posting. I really do want to thank you for your efforts. And, it is indeed wonderful to know that I can call upon you whenever you are needed. Thanks. Bob [supertooth]

OH Geeee ARCH----

I sort of liked my little yellow thingy. Bob, you do know this is a public forum, don't you?! 893naughty-thumb.gif

And, it is indeed wonderful to know that I can call upon you whenever you are needed. Bob, don't forget to get his home phone so you can call him in the wee hours of the morning. devil.gif

Thanks. Bob [supertooth]

Arch, I think it would be very appropriate if you added a CROWN to his avatar.

Chris