• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Just Realized: I have Submissions Into ALL the Grading Services!

6 posts in this topic

I just received my Collector's Society package today and placed a small grouping of coins together with my five free early bird submissions (I actually included a sixth coin, paying the $28.00 plus the full postage, hoping that is alright to do so). I send off a submission earlier in the week to SEGS and last week to ANACS. I still have two PCI submissions out (thanks Greg for the coupon) and my Long Beach show submissions to NCS and PCGS. Other than ICG, that about covers it.

Now, the waiting begins (and continues)...

Don't forget about all those coins that you added the mint marks to that are in at ACG. 893whatthe.gif

There is also NTC.

ICCS for Canadian.

I recently sent a bunch of my commems into NGC for designation review (*) and regrade. They just posted as being received today. Had me worried for a while. They seemed to take a long time to get to NGC.

ACG is dead to me and I've stopped considering NTC.

------------------

I whined about this across the street, but it still has me bugged.

Remember at Long Beach Greg when PCGS stated they couldn't guarantee same day show service (as they advertised!). Ok then, that coupled with the fact you need FIVE submissions at $65. (vs NGC's $50. and ability to deliver SAME DAY Show Service) made me submit via PCGS's 15 day guarantee at $30. a pop.

Well, it's been 12 days so I check the status and see it JUST ARRIVED TODAY AT PCGS. That means the "15 day" clock begins 12 days after I submitted the coins! Now, I understand a few days to get them into their system, after all, Long Beach is at least 20 miles away from Newport Beach (!), but PCGS needs to be more upfront with their guarantee.

It's one thing to make a promise but then to twist it from 15 days to 27 days isn't cool and still be able to claim they honored their promise because they start the 15 day clock whenever they want to is a double dose of UNcool.

OK. Rant over.

I had a similar experience at the FUN show, Pat. I submitted coins to PCGS on 1/8/03, I believe, and they weren't logged into the PCGS system as being received until about ten days later. Of course, they still hadn't been graded by the time the Baltimore show came around in the middle of March. Luckily for me, I was in touch with Carol and she bumped my coins up so that they were graded the day they were shipped to Baltimore for me to pick up, something like 65 days to get them graded once they were in their hands. If not for Carol's positive interference, I likely still might not have the coins back. 893frustrated.gif

I whined about this across the street, but it still has me bugged.

Remember at Long Beach Greg when PCGS stated they couldn't guarantee same day show service (as they advertised!). Ok then, that coupled with the fact you need FIVE submissions at $65. (vs NGC's $50. and ability to deliver SAME DAY Show Service) made me submit via PCGS's 15 day guarantee at $30. a pop.

Well, it's been 12 days so I check the status and see it JUST ARRIVED TODAY AT PCGS. That means the "15 day" clock begins 12 days after I submitted the coins! Now, I understand a few days to get them into their system, after all, Long Beach is at least 20 miles away from Newport Beach (!), but PCGS needs to be more upfront with their guarantee.

It's one thing to make a promise but then to twist it from 15 days to 27 days isn't cool and still be able to claim they honored their promise because they start the 15 day clock whenever they want to is a double dose of UNcool.

It's total BS to say it took 12 days to get the coins into the system. The coins should have been entered into their system on Monday or Tuesday right after the show. They're just lying in order to give themselves some time to clear the backlog and not have to pay out on their guarantee. I think it is only a matter of time before they screw with someone who takes them to court over this. Their grading guarantee is questionable. Their turnaround time guarantee appears to be a joke. Maybe a few people filed a complaint with the FTC would get their attention? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Call PCGS and tell them to return the coins ungraded. Tell them why. Post a message on their forums telling David Hall why you did this, why you won't submit again, and why others should do the same. Get their attention. The only way they will change is if they really start to lose submissions.

Two Long Beach Shows ago:

Dealer to PCGS employee: People are so pissed at you guys.

PCGS Employee: Yeah, but they keep submitting.

Basically saying that they don't care about the customer, just the money. A great way to run a business....into the ground.

On a side note, I've got several invoices into NGC right now. One of the world submissions I dropped off at Long Beach shows as being in Quality Control as of yesterday. That means they will likely be done being graded and shipped back to me today. The cost to grade each coin after the 10% discount: $9.90. DH said that his world economy service, at $16 a coin, would take 6 months to grade a coin.

I sent in some coins for the designation review hoping for a * designation. They were received at NGC yesterday. They are already in Quality Control today. That's less than 24 hours.