• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My newest little lady...

9 posts in this topic

Well, here she is, I had to attach a photo since my ftp is acting up tonight. Reverse to follow.

188713-1911dobv.jpg.02f6b50551b8d853ecfdee4c91699b88.jpg

The reverse looks truly stunning in that the upper half of the fields are so clean and the eagle looks exceptionally clean, too. smile.gif Is there a cluster of marks or a single milling mark on the obverse near nine o'clock?

On the obverse, it appears to be a group of marks, but it's difficult to say whether or not they were made before or after striking. Denver had to be the absolute worst mint for Saints, especially in 1910 and 1911. Most are poorly struck and have little luster, just overall mediocre looking coins despite ASG's finest effort on the design.

Pretty nice coin. 11-D Saint are certainly not rare but you are right about Denver. If the 11-D $5 or $10 are any indication they just flat out blew when it came to making lusterous coins. They should have fired their production manager....it's his fault I can't find a decent 11-D $5 today. insufficiently_thoughtful_person! 27_laughing.gif

jom