• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do 1909 or 1910 cents exist with traces of "VDB" on the reverse.

34 posts in this topic

RE: "Do you have any new/updated information on the 1910 VDB cents?"

The only update is that nothing has been found to indicate any possibility of this happening. All 1910 and later cents were made using the second hub of 1909 - lower relief and no initials at all.

Interesting; I searched my roll of 1910 P's to see if there were any traces of Brenner's initials on the reverse. No luck.

It may be the only way to discover one, if they exist, would be to acid treat area. I'm sure that would pick up any faint strike. However; not something I'd be inclined to do, even with a fairly common date in a low grade.

It may be the only way to discover one, if they exist, would be to acid treat area. I'm sure that would pick up any faint strike.

Or hide/make questionable any faint traces that might be there. (Are you actually seeing faint traces of a VDB, or is your mind just seeing something you want to see in the random data in the acid etched surfaces?)

It may be the only way to discover one, if they exist, would be to acid treat area. I'm sure that would pick up any faint strike. However; not something I'd be inclined to do, even with a fairly common date in a low grade.

That won't do what you think it will. Acid treating can never bring out more detail than was struck in the first place.