• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Since the NGC slab machine broke down during the Long Beach show..........

33 posts in this topic

I feel NGC owes it to its forum members to treat them to a lunch or dinner at the ANA convention. What do you think?

TRUTH

Well, since I won't be attending that show, I think they should do the lunch at some other show. Hey, since the machine broke at Long beach, they should do the lunch at the next Long Beach and best of all, I will be attending that show. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I've always wondered why NGC hasn't done a lunch for forum members. Perhaps they are concerned that the comic guys may show up. insane.gif

Andy laugh.gif

To solve the dilema that Greg and Truth find themselves in, I think that NGC should pay for lunch at every show. What do you think? 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree with TomB.

I also think that Tom should let all the coin forum folks get behind the wheel of his new Mercedes, at least once, at the next GSNA show. wink.gif

TRUTH

NGC should require a 'kick-back'of $1.00 for each PR70/MS70 they grade. That'll buy plenty of free lunches at all the Conventions for all of us!

The silence was deafening from NGC when I proposed a party for us at this years FUN show. Florida would have seemed like a natural place for it, since they are now headquarted there.

Oh boy, will you issue NGC attendance samples? How about attendance mugs and T-shirts? Any other neat stuff?

TRUTH 893applaud-thumb.gif

That's great news Dena! Thanks for letting us know. The FUN show is a great location for this, and it will be great to meet the people from NGC. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Andy

Yeah, a neat sample with a pedigree to the FUn show would be awesome!

Cameron Kiefer

Maybe I'll go to FUN this year. Any idea on the value of these samples? grin.gif

Getting a few of them could pay for your airfare.

Cameron Kiefer

I'm thinking one or two sample slabs should do the trick. wink.gif

How far is FUN from Gainesville?

I can control myself huh Gereg? I only took one NGC sample slab at the last show.

You left out some words. Here, I'll correct the sentence for you: I only took one box of NGC sample slabs at the last show.

No, you're the one who agreed not to list his until my auction completed. That was the thank you for selling you that rare NGC sample slab with the PF GW half in it.

BTW, I have 50 coins in at NGC right now. How many do you have in? blush.gif

I have never submitted to NGC. Maybe I should since they always give me great sample slabs at the show.

Cameron Kiefer

Cameron, there's a hugh difference between, "give" and "take" (read: stole). I'm surprised a Good Guy like you doesn't already know that.

And, I KNOW you don't drink your KoolAid in a paper cup...

I have never submitted to NGC. Maybe I should since they always give me great sample slabs at the show.

Yes, you should. You will find their turnaround time to be quite good. In fact, compared to PCGS and ANACS, it is excellent.

They got my foreign coins done in 8 days. That's 8 CALENDAR days and not 8 business days + show dates + unpacking dates + holidays + non-guaranteed dates + other excuse dates.

They got my designation review coins done in 2 days (went 2 for 5 on * designation review).

Try them. If you aren't a member of their club and want to submit, I'll be happy to do it for you.

Yes, you should. You will find their turnaround time to be quite good. In fact, compared to PCGS and ANACS, it is excellent.

They got my foreign coins done in 8 days. That's 8 CALENDAR days and not 8 business days + show dates + unpacking dates + holidays + non-guaranteed dates + other excuse dates.

They got my designation review coins done in 2 days (went 2 for 5 on * designation review).

Try them. If you aren't a member of their club and want to submit, I'll be happy to do it for you.

That same service would have required 8 CALENDAR MONTHS at PCGS currently.

Thanks Gereg. Looks like you are into collecting sample slabs on ebay now also? wink.gif

No, I just really wanted a NY quarter for my album and I figured I'd crack this coin out and stick it in my album.