• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1860 $2.50 GOLD CLARK GRUBER COIN NGC MS63 FOR SALE

28 posts in this topic

Well, it's upside down, and this should be placed in the Marketplace forum... I turned it right side up, and resized it:

123.jpg

It may very well be a $15-20k coin, but this is not the way to sell it. Contact Heritage, Teletrade, even eBay! Over a public forum like this is not a way to go. Better pictures might help also.

It may very well be a $15-20k coin, but this is not the way to sell it. Contact Heritage, Teletrade, even eBay! Over a public forum like this is not a way to go. Better pictures might help also.

I agree, Heritage is probably the best place. He posted in the Market area but didn't have pics - not sure why he didn't post this there.

Hays

I think you should have opened this in an auction, and set your reserve at around $18,000. BIN's that high don't always pan out.

I agree, Heritage is probably the best place. He posted in the Market area but didn't have pics - not sure why he didn't post this there.

Hays

It started here but the MOD's Moved it.

It's what.....How many days till Baltimore's ANA show??

Imagine how much with all those Big Dogs....

You have to remember the 5 P's...Propper Planning Prevents Pizz Poor Performance...

Did somebody say he had an $18.000 reserve?

No, he's got a 20,000 BIN. I said that he should have put it in regular auction format, and put his reserve at around $18,000

Agree with Hayden about post location. This coin may be worth 18-20 thousand, I really don't know, but I doubt that it is liquid enough to recieve it's value in a five day auction. That said, I'm interested to see...

HELLO

WE ARE EXCEPTING OFERS

GEMIE

Gemie,

I have to tell you that you are acting way too suspicious. You only have 7

posts that are all trying to sell a very high-end coin. I doubt anyone is going

to make you an offer. I’m pretty sure that your Ebay auction will do no better.

Want some good advice?

Visit this site: Click Here

It’s Heritage Auction Galleries. They will sell the coin for you. I think it is

your best chance at selling it.

Hays

HELLO

WE ARE EXCEPTING OFERS

GEMIE

Gemie,

I have to tell you that you are acting way too suspicious. You only have 7

posts that are all trying to sell a very high-end coin. I doubt anyone is going

to make you an offer. I’m pretty sure that your Ebay auction will do no better.

Want some good advice?

Visit this site: Click Here

It’s Heritage Auction Galleries. They will sell the coin for you. I think it is

your best chance at selling it.

Hays

I totally agree.

I have not ever and will not ever post a link in this forum to any of my auctions and now I see this!

TRY TO TURN THE CAPS LOCK OFF... IT MAKES YOUR POST EASIER TO READ. That being said, I think that eBay is going to do nothing for you. $13,200 is more than you had before, isn't it?

Why don't you tell Heritage you need $15K and see if they meet that price? I've not sold through them, but the 20% fee I thought was for auction sales, not direct purchases for inventory.

That seemed odd to me too. I thought that maybe they said they thought the could get $16,500 for it and he would end up with 20% less. I've only sold one coin directly to Heritage and they didn't take any fees out.

A big coin like this, I would think, would get a smaller fee. Especially, since it would be an attraction to the site.