• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

READ ALL ABOUT IT!

16 posts in this topic

John, had I known that development was coming, I'd never have left. stooges.gif

Mark,

I have several hundred of these that I'd like pre-screened for high grades. Would you like me to ship them to you so you won't feel left out? 893whatthe.gif

Dear sender/Mr. Maben,

This is an automated message from Mark Feld's account. He is currently out of town and will not be able to reply (until every sealed Ike on this or any other planet has been certified).

Are these Ikes really worth a premium in these original Mint holders?

I understand CC Morgans, but with Ikes, I'm not seeing it. And that is coming from me, an Ike (rainbow toned) collector.

Is it possible ProofSets will be next (I know, it would be tough to grade all five coins, but maybe a single, overall grade for the set?).

-To be honest, I don't think it is such a terrific idea. if I was NGC I'd be backing away from anything that looks like you are promoting Moderns and highlight your abilities to grade the Classic coinage consistently (as you do).

This just strikes me as somewhat gimicky.

Dear sender/Mr. Maben,

This is an automated message from Mark Feld's account. He is currently out of town and will not be able to reply (until every sealed Ike on this or any other planet has been certified).

I'll send the package to the office with directions to hold for your return. laugh.gif

How long before they grade coins in other slabs by using this label?

I like the idea for the GSA dollars. I don't care for it that much for the Ike dollars. The GSA dollars are all MS and easier to grade thru plastic. The proof Ikes are hard to grade thru plastic. This is especially true since that Ike plastic hairlines so easily.

Most of these brown packs need a righteous dip too to get that sparkling PR69DCAM grade.

I've yet to see a PR69DCAM ("DCAM" being the word here) on one that has the original 'tone' (read: haze).

myself i think it is a good idea for collectors as i bet many have sets of these in their original boxes and want to keep them that way

also i think that the original brown box ikes will be rare higher grades in regular proof grade cameo and ultra cameo comgbined with tremendous eye appeal!

but i guess only time will tell

if there will be demand which i think there will be as a collector oriented thing is always good for the hobby

i think this grading idea can be expanded to other original packaged material be it mint produced to even the renfield dollars!

sincerely michael

again I THINK THAT NGC GRADED BROWN IKES IN THEIR ORIGINAL BOXES WITH TREMENDOUS EYE APPEAL AND EXCEPTIONAL GRADE WILL BE REALLY UNCOMMON COINS!

It sounds like my attitude goes against the grain. I have two brown IKES that have developed the golden haze that they often do. I think its attractive and I know the coin is original. I'd rather own one of them then a dipped out coin that some day will retone to that brown/gold baby caca look. Color me strange I guess. 893whatthe.gif

It sounds like my attitude goes against the grain. I have two brown IKES that have developed the golden haze that they often do. I think its attractive and I know the coin is original. I'd rather own one of them then a dipped out coin that some day will retone to that brown/gold baby caca look. Color me strange I guess. 893whatthe.gif

IrishMike, you're not going against the grain. I agree with you. Unfortunutely though, if you want the top grade of PR69DCAM (and, unfortunutely that is about the only grade that brings in the money- ie: PR68CAM's don't sell) it probably won't holder well with that (attractive to you and me) golden tint.

I could see a premium for one in the original holder that had some nice colorful toning to it, but otherwise, I'm struggling to see the market for this since there were over a million of each date produced and they are readily available.