• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Troll Alert that hit across the street today/ Official Rag on PCGS Thread

19 posts in this topic

Just as a warning in case this person/troll decides to hit here. A troll by the handle " DragonOfFire " posted 120+ times in two hours time. The troll had a " CoinVault " signiture. In that sig line, it had a link to a site that claimed to be a " CoinVault " website. When I took it, it lead to another site where I had to " Log-In " to access the site. I didn`t do it of course. But it looks like some across the street did and getting burned with thier E-Bay accounts. The troll was leeching pics from the " Coinfacts " website impling that it was His/Hers pictures as well. In most, if not all, of His/Her posts, the replies where just ridiculous. So I figure just in case the troll decides to come here is just kick them out.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=196080

Thanks for the warning. This might seem a little crass, but, anyone who would share that information so casually is just asking for trouble.

I agree. The internet is still too easy to get ripped on. I didn`t share any information fortunately but, curiosity got the better of me to see where the link went to. I noticed the troll about quarter after 9 this morning. After following this troll for a hour, the posts kept getting progressively ridiculous. That`s when I PM`ed Carol and I`m sure others did so too because it was obvious what the troll was doing. A real no brainer that it was a troll.

There are so many new trolls over there it's hard to keep track lately. PCGS should come out with a new pamphlet: "The PCGS Forums, A Guide to Spotting Trolls"

dragon

There are so many new trolls over there it's hard to keep track lately. PCGS should come out with a new pamphlet: "The PCGS Forums, A Guide to Spotting Trolls"

Come on, join the true fun of the PCGS forums. Post you submission results. Here are my latest submission results:

Invoice: 9006506

LINE # CERT # COIN DATE DENOMINATION VARIETY GRADE

1 90095653 1911 $2 1/2 Cleaning

2 90095654 1914 $2 1/2 Not Genuine

3 90095655 1914-D $2 1/2 Not Genuine

4 90095656 1926 $2 1/2 Scratch/Rim Dent

5 90095657 1929 $2 1/2 MS62

Date Received: 03/29/2003

Date Shipped: 04/24/2003

I swear, that is the last time I use PCGS. I personally purchased all these coins on eBay from very reputable dealers. PCGS sucks! They can't grade at all. The 1929 was in an NTC PR68 DCAM slab and PCGS undergraded it MS62. This suxxx. They suck. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Those really your results, or you just find one at random?

shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

I found them at random. I'd be plenty pissed if those were my true results. I used to have one invoice number I found where all 10-15 coins got bagged for a variety of problems. Too bad I forgot it.

I'm pretty good at detecting fake coins. I've only had one come back from the services (PCGS) as Not Genuine and that coin was previously and subsequently slabbed by ANACS.

A new thread, over there, created today about swithing to NGC. Finally, even their Kool Aid crowd have determined that 60+ days is too long for their beloved Economy level. One poster after another stepping forward admitting how many of their coins are going to NGC, rather than PCGS. You know, you can only hit yourself in the head with a hammer so may times, before you have to say OUCH! I think they have finally found their pain threshhold.

A new thread, over there, created today about swithing to NGC. Finally, even their Kool Aid crowd have determined that 60+ days is too long for their beloved Economy level. One poster after another stepping forward admitting how many of their coins are going to NGC, rather than PCGS. You know, you can only hit yourself in the head with a hammer so may times, before you have to say OUCH! I think they have finally found their pain threshhold.

Pretty interesting. As was expressed in that thread, I think it is a scam to get more people to use the higher priced grading tiers. If the numbers told were accurate, then the 20% increase in coins over there is causing a 120% increase in the turnaround time. That's just not likely.

I know that I dropped off some coins at the Long Beach show that usually would have gone to PCGS. They didn't (and it had nothing to do with the David Hall ego trip). It's just not acceptable to wait 10 weeks for my coins back.

As was expressed in that thread, I think it is a scam to get more people to use the higher priced grading tiers.

I never thought about it like that. For at least The past 12 - 18 months has been a disaster for CU. Both in the pocketbook and the big names that left. Being a " small-fry " collector myself, I still consider it in my own best interest to know what is happening with the heavy submiters and how there treated. You know more then I do about all of this but, you just may have a point Greg.

dragon

A Guide to Spotting Trolls" rather it should say 'a guide to spotting true collectors in PCG$ forums. 27_laughing.gif

Leo

"The Great One" lost many of the staff at B&M when he fired DQB. It was, I guess, a contest between TGO's ego and DQB's reluctance to move to California. The way TGO handled the DQB affair did nothing to ingratiate TGO's illuminary self with me. I have not bid-on or bought a coin from TGO(B&M) since.

I may again sometime, but for the present, I will speak with my closed checkbook.

As was expressed in that thread, I think it is a scam to get more people to use the higher priced grading tiers.

I never thought about it like that. For at least The past 12 - 18 months has been a disaster for CU. Both in the pocketbook and the big names that left. Being a " small-fry " collector myself, I still consider it in my own best interest to know what is happening with the heavy submiters and how there treated. You know more then I do about all of this but, you just may have a point Greg.

There is no doubt that the last year or so has been a disaster for CU. Of course much of it was of their own making and every chance they got to put out a fire they tried to do it by using gasoline.

I don't have inside knowledge about the turnaround times, but that's just my gut feeling. To me the numbers just don't add up. It's clear that CU needs to generate more profits. They aren't in a position where they would like to, but rather they are in a position where they HAVE to.

I remember reading somewhere that the reduction in revenues/profits at CU were blamed on the amount of submissions going thru using the economy and modern tiers. That was a while ago. Seems only logical that they would want to push people to the higher priced tiers. This is one way to do it. As far as I know, the number of graders tehy lost is the same as the new ones they hired. The submissions aren't up that much. Something doesn't smell right...

I have heard from more than one person in the know, that Bowers resigned and that he wasn't fired. I don't know which side is telling it like it is, but thought I mention that possibility.

I have heard from more than one person in the know, that Bowers resigned and that he wasn't fired.

Point taken. Your the voice of even-kell ( is spelling right? ), level headed posts on either side of the street.

Seems like this is something that people want to talk about.

I have heard from more than one person in the know, that Bowers resigned and that he wasn't fired. I don't know which side is telling it like it is, but thought I mention that possibility.

Mark,

I have no doubt that Bowers resigned, but I don't believe for a minute that the parting was clean. If anything, it was a frustrated resignation.

There are resignations, and there are resignations.

Some are like "I quit!", while others are like "I'll accept your resignation forthwith!"

EVP

Greg has a good point (along with all of you). I know I fell "victim", somewhat, at Long Beach. I submitted seven coins (I know, no big deal) and when I was told- without any prompting on my part- Economy was taking 60+ days but I could use the next bump up (I forget what it's called) for $30. and be guaranteed 15 day service, I took it.