• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too Short?

4 posts in this topic

Is a CC Seated Dollar set too short to warrant its own set? Morgan's have a separate CC set - but that's eleven coins, the seated set would be only four coins. I think there's enough demand for a separate set [see the thread in the US coin forum], but is it significant enough for it?

Looking at the mintages, it looks like it would be a neat specialty set since all of the coins are going to be difficult to find.

Personally, I'm not a big believer in adding more sets but that shouldn't take away the fun for those that think it's a good idea.

Also, I wouldn't be competing in either set so really my opinion shouldn't matter.

I'll admit that I don't know what it would cost to put together an "OK" set of these, but 4 coins seems WAY too small. I could see 4 coins for something like proof bust dollars or proof 20¢ pieces, but not for something broken down by mint mark.