• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post an Orignal Looking coin.

220 posts in this topic

Here are a few coins I consider original. First, a Randall Hoard Large Cent as original as they come:

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

Next a completely original Kennedy half (I can trace this coin's storage from 1965 to date as it was part of my Grandfather's collection):

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

Lastly, an original and crusty capped bust half:

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

Have fun...Mike

What great pictures! Thanks everyone for sharing and thank you Bruce for starting the post! This was really interesting to look at!

Kelly, Bree, and Emma

Glad to see your still enjoyin the hobby. No need to thank me. There are sooo many great coins in this thread, its mind boggling.

What great coins! Those Lincolns and that Indian Head nickel...

I think this one is original. I could be wrong. If so, educate me to it, please!

188968788_f93e5a0ddd.jpg

188968790_f48b0a2b3f.jpg

I don't know if this helps you at all, Mike, but if your CBH looks like I think it does in-hand, then I would have no problem spending my own money to obtain it.

MikeKing- The bust is beautiful. What a state of preservation! I'm no one to be educating anyone. I do know coins of that era were stored/protected in many encasements that used chems we're not familiar with today. Therefore many color combinations resulted, if done today could be considered AT. I don't.

Mike