• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post an Orignal Looking coin.

220 posts in this topic

I've had this dime over twenty five years; it was part of my first and now sold off type set. All but five coins from that set are gone, the other four have the same toning and appearance as this dime, I like their look and still enjoy having them around.

1839-dime.jpg

I've had this dime over twenty five years; it was part of my first and now sold off type set. All but five coins from that set are gone, the other four have the same toning and appearance as this dime, I like their look and still enjoy having them around.

1839-dime.jpg

Dang that's nice! 893whatthe.gif

The perfect look for seated coins! thumbsup2.gif

This one was posted earlier in another thread, I have owned it forever long before I ever had any idea of proper coin storage and preservation. While it may not be a valuable nor popular coin it is special to me.

It was stored for a long period of time in a metal coffee can along with other coins including a few Morgans which I still own, unfortunately the Morgans looked like this only more extreme so I took a toothbrush and Baking Soda and did the do on em. Boy don’t I think of that often. foreheadslap.gif

1968kennedypan6ap.jpg

I purchased this GSA Blue Pack Morgan on ebay several years ago for I think it was $275.00 and at the time made me a little nervous, but I wanted it. I kept it for a few years in its original cellophane mint packaging.

I was advised 3 times to not send it for grading that these Blue Soft Pack issue coins were circulated and not worth the expense. But I wanted it slabed and preserved worth it or not, I wanted it slabed. NGC did note the origin on the label as GSA Hoard. This is not your ordinary Blue Soft Pack find.

1878ccgsa64panvert4mw.jpg

1878ccgsa64panvert29sj.jpg

Here are a few that I don't show that often-

1932 Washington quarter reverse:

Copy_of_1932rev.jpg

1947-S Washington quarter obverse:

600_Copy_of_1947sobv.jpg

1795 Draped Bust dollar:

600_aJ1795P40.jpg

600_aJ1795P40R.jpg

Yes, the 1947-S was the coin I purchased off of ebay about four years ago after telling the seller twice that he had the wrong image up. foreheadslap.gif