• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Designation Review & Reholder

2 posts in this topic

I'm under the impression that coins sent in for designation review are not removed from their slab before the graders see them. Is this correct?

Question: I have a Peace dollar in an old NGC slab. I think this coin might make the * designation due to the rainbow toning on the reverse. I would like to send it in under the designation review service in hopes of getting the star designation. However, regardless of whether it makes the star designation, I want the coin flipped in the slab (reverse up) to showcase the toning.

Can I request this all on one invoice? Do I pay both the designation review and reholder fee?

Greg,

You are correct in that designation reviews are viewed inside the existing holder. For your Peace dollar, you can request on your submission invoice the Star designation review AND reverse of the coin be displayed forward on the invoice (and yes, not only can you request it, but we will do it).

Rick