• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turnaround Times

23 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I wanted to come on here and give you an update as to the NGC turnaround times for the different services you may be using. As of Friday, May 30th, NGC was grading, encapsulating, and shipping your coins inside the stated turnaround times for Early Bird submissions (12 working days) and Economy submissions (21 working days). Walk-thru and Express services are all being completed within their 1 and 2 day service speed times.

While we know there are choices that you are faced with when it comes to certifying your coins, know that we at NGC are constantly striving to provide you with not only the finest quality product, but also the most efficient service in the industry.

Everyone at NGC thanks you for your loyal support.

Rick

Hello Sir

We need 5 Complete Step (a "5CS" designation) along with the present 6 Full Step "FS" designation on Jefferson nickels.

Thank you,

Leo

We need 5 Complete Step (a "5CS" designation) along with the present 6 Full Step "FS" designation on Jefferson nickels.

If you post this on the Ask NGC forum you will get a response. There is no guarantee that Rick or the other NGC people will see it here.

A CS & FS designation would confuse people. A better designation would be if they just listed the number of steps without using 'full' or 'conmplete'.

RMONTGOMERY,

Turn around times would be much quicker if NGC would provide a link on the NGC website to go to for a submission form like ANACS does. When are you guys coming out of the stone age?

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

893frustrated.gifinsane.gifmakepoint.gifacclaim.gif

Hmmmmmmm! I have two invoices sent thru economy and today is the 22nd business day (excluding weekends and holidays) and they are still sitting in the Scheduled for Grading stage. frown.gif

Did you factor into the 22 days the show dates? There was Long Beach this past week (3 days).

Turn around times would be much quicker if NGC would provide a link on the NGC website to go to for a submission form like ANACS does. When are you guys coming out of the stone age?

Exactly how would this reduce turnaround times? Would it make the graders work faster?

If anything, it would result in more submissions which would slow down the turnaround times.

There is a link to a submission form on their home page. You just have to be a member to use it. If you aren't a member, then use the other methods to submit.

• Administrator

RotatedRainbows,

Send me a pm with your invoice numbers and I'll check them out for you.

Yes, more submissions would make the graders work faster. They could hire new ones in addition to the ones they already have. This would make them return the coins faster while increasing profit.

893frustrated.gifinsane.gifmakepoint.gifacclaim.gif.

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

Yes, more submissions would make the graders work faster. They could hire new ones in addition to the ones they already have. This would make them return the coins faster while increasing profit.

I'm sure the current graders are working as fast as they can.

As for hiring new graders, that might be hard. Did you see the begging that David Hall did to try and hire new graders for PCG$? Look who they ended up hiring. shocked.gif Most qualified graders would rather work as a crack out dealer. There is more money in that. It's not easy to find a qualified grader that wants to spend his days grading state quarters and buffalo dollars for less money that searchng the show floors.

And the cost of a new grader might not be recouped by the additional submissions. Is it really in the best interest of NGC (or the other grading services) to reduce the turnaround time from, let's say 30 days to 25 days, and take on the additional cost of another grader? Graders aren't cheap and there is no guarantee that if you reduce the turnaround time by a few days that you will get more submissions.

Graders are not cheap but the company paying them are. Another classical example of greed by major corporations. Perhaps, with NAFTA they can use graders from Mexico.

893frustrated.gifinsane.gifmakepoint.gifacclaim.gif

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

If you post this on the Ask NGC forum you will get a response. There is no guarantee that Rick or the other NGC people will see it here.

A CS & FS designation would confuse people. A better designation would be if they just listed the number of steps without using 'full' or 'conmplete'.

Hi Greg

ANACS already uses the 5, 5.5 and 6 step designations. NGC and PCG$ have a battle going with the FS desig' so that's not going to change anytime soon.

5CS (too long), 5 Steps (already taken) or possibly 5S would do. I would also favor a 4.5 step desig" for the Jefferson dates of 38-S, 39-PDS type ones 60-D, 61-D, 65 - 67 business strikes, 68-DS, 69DS and others to give collectors something to collect and help complete a Jefferson/Monticello nickel steps collection.

I might try that forum but I think a feather would knock me over (angusburger cool.gif) if I actually got through to anyone.

Leo

ANACS already uses the 5, 5.5 and 6 step designations. NGC and PCG$ have a battle going with the FS desig' so that's not going to change anytime soon. 5CS (too long), 5 Steps (already taken) or possibly 5S would do. I would also favor a 4.5 step desig" for the Jefferson dates of 38-S, 39-PDS type ones 60-D, 61-D, 65 - 67 business strikes, 68-DS, 69DS and others to give collectors something to collect and help complete a Jefferson/Monticello nickel steps collection.

I might try that forum but I think a feather would knock me over (angusburger cool.gif) if I actually got through to anyone.

The Ask NGC forum is good. I have had EVERY question I asked answered - as far as I can remember. Sometimes they post the answer and sometimes they PM me the answer. One answer took a LONG time, but they did answer it.

How about a designation just listing the number of steps? 3S, 1S, etc?

How about a designation just listing the number of steps? 3S, 1S, etc?

27_laughing.gif, A 3.5S might work for a 55 D/S. Other then that one, I don't think there are others where it would make much of a difference to the Jefferson collector.

Leo

Has anyone seen the new post across the street, created today, dealing with all of their posters that are submitting to NGC, rather than PCGS? Even their big Kool Aid drinkers have had it with 60+ days for their beloved Economy submissions! One poster after another stepping forward admitting how many of their coins are going to NGC, rather than PCGS. Funny stuff!

I don't want to convert.

I have stopped submitting to PCGS, but not started submitting to NGC yet. It is kind of like being in a gang - hard to get out of.

Cameron Kiefer

I don't want to convert.

I have stopped submitting to PCGS, but not started submitting to NGC yet. It is kind of like being in a gang - hard to get out of.

Why convert? Use both. The 10 week turnaround at PCG$ is completely unacceptable. NGC is doing it in under 30 days. Support NGC for doing something right. When PCG$ gets its head out of its [!@#%^&^] then you can consider using them again. Until them, you are an NGC submitter.

Howling mad, MadMarty, has created 3 or 4 posts over there expressing strong disdain for HisRoyalHighness and PeSeeGee$. He has had it with the 65 expected wait on Economy submissions.