• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woohoo! I just won my first Bust dollar!

24 posts in this topic

you got that cheap

and it is a really nice coin and rare for a silver coin that old vg to find that kind of great eye appeal

besides you got that on the cheap

Looks like an attractive coin, Hayden. Did you have a chance to view the coin in person?

EBAY LIVE TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR AFFILIATED COINS, ANTIQUES, & AUCTIONS.

1. LOTS Each lot is believed genuine unless otherwise described, however all items are sold as is, wear is, and the ultimate determination is the responsibility of the bidder. Please view items carefully before bidding, for all sales are final.

The terms and conditions also provide for a 20% BP, although the eBay listing says 15% elsewhere.

IGWT is correct about the BP, which I hadn't even thought to look at, and you are also liable for 7.5% sales tax on the lot since you are a resident of FL. I guess that it works out to $803.56 if they only charge a 15% BP, as opposed to a 20% BP, without shipping.

Thanks for the comments guys!

I was aware of the buyer's premium,however I didn't notice that it also said 20% BP until after I won the auction. I guess $803.56 is still reasonable but I when I was bidding I was expecting to pay no more than 15% plus shipping.doh!

But,I still can't wait to get it! laugh.gif

Looks like an attractive coin, Hayden. Did you have a chance to view the coin in person?

No I didn't, but this seller has a good track record and the photos look unaltered to me.I'm taking a chance,but I'm betting it will turn out to be a beauty. grin.gif

Hayden

Hayden, I think you did real well. Great looking coin! The only distracting feature is the scratches on the hair. Otherwise, it is a great looking type coin that I would be happy to own. Thing about this type is that it wears so well and maintains its attractiveness.

I don't like the way the seller markets the coin, though, by adding 15% on the sales price. But, as long as you realized it beforehand then its cool. The FL sales tax is kind of harsh, too, but there is no state income tax in FL so it all works out in the long run. Probably won't be too long before all 50 states add a sales tax for internet purchases.

Wow, great coin! I am certainly jealous of you, my earliest US coin is an 1807 bust half!

Thank guys! Victor,this seller listed it as a live auction where you bid against other eBay member as well as floor bidders in their actual auction.It's just the same as bidding on an online Heritage auction. A number of coin auction houses list their lots on eBay as well as their site in addition to the actual auction.So as you can see,they charge a buyer's fee as normal.

Hayden

Well,if I was happy before,I'm even happier now! I just got the invoice from the auction house and they only charged me 15% buyer's premium and NO sales tax! headbang.gif

Hayden,

I was going t tell you that there is no sales tax on coins in Florida ( I'm in Naples ) but your last post mentioned that.

Nice old Bust Dolllars are neat ! Congratulations !!!

Mike

If there is no sales tax in FL on coins why would they include this term in their sale?

4. SALES TAX: Florida Residents (only) are required to pay a 7.5% Sales tax on all items purchased unless a current copy of your Florida Sales Tax ID is provided.

First off, Florida Sales Tax is 6% not 7.5%.

Can't understand why they would try and collect sales tax when coins ( NOT bullion) are tax exempt.

Sales tax in Florida is 7%,coins are tax exempt; however, sometimes you will still be charged tax depending on where you purchase them. I've purchased coins a few times from a booth in an antique mall and I had to pay tax.

Hayden

sweet bust dollar... looks simular to the one I bought recently, except mine is a rare "O" mint mark.

1798.jpg

Wow! Didn't know they were minting coins that far south back then wink.gif