• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watching live internet auctions

15 posts in this topic

Well, I was bidding on a few lots in the Heritage Long Beach sale, and I still had high bid on one lot, so now I am watching them live on their site. It's not as exciting as being there, but it's still pretty cool. Only 300 lots to go before mine comes up! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm watching the foreign auction right now. Doesn't seem to be moving. Looks to be stalled. At the rate they're going, it'll be midnight before my lots come up. frown.gif

I'm watching the foreign auction right now. Doesn't seem to be moving. Looks to be stalled. At the rate they're going, it'll be midnight before my lots come up. frown.gif

Yeah, just try watching them from the eastern time zone! It's already 11:30 and there are nearly 300 lots left till my first one! foreheadslap.gif

It seems like they always put all the gold on one night, which really stretches the patience of those of us bidding on double eagles!

It seems like they always put all the gold on one night, which really stretches the patience of those of us bidding on double eagles!

lol! I bet. Looks like the bidding is pretty strong tonight!

Well, I went 1-for-3 tonight it looks like. The other two lots are in a while, but I was already outbid on them, so now it's just curiosity! Although one had not reached the reserve, so maybe I'll get lucky and it won't sell tonight and I'll have another chance tomorrow.

That was impressive, but when I first started watching there was a 1907 Indian eagle in MS-68 that went for $161K!!!

That was impressive, but when I first started watching there was a 1907 Indian eagle in MS-68 that went for $161K!!!

WOW! I missed that one! Good luck later on and congrats on your one purchase. cool.gif

Good Lord. Woke up and couldn't get back to sleep, so I fired up the computer. The Heritage Auction was still underway at 3:00 a.m. (Eastern) with lot 17665 on the block. Sometimes it must really stink to be a dealer.

Good Lord. Woke up and couldn't get back to sleep, so I fired up the computer. The Heritage Auction was still underway at 3:00 a.m. (Eastern) with lot 17665 on the block. Sometimes it must really stink to be a dealer.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's up this late on the computer. foreheadslap.gif

3AM? Good thing that auction is over in California! 893whatthe.gif

12 am is nothing. They've been there as late as 1:30am...and, yes, it's especially bad for the $10 and $20 gold. You think watching a computer is bad, try being there. It's a real snooze-fest. sleeping.gif

jom

Lou, don't blame me for keeping you up all night.

Chris