• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the lead picture post.
9 9

10,655 posts in this topic

Very nice proof seated half Bob Outstanding cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gifyay.gif

Edited to add that is a great photo also. thumbsup2.gif

Edited by rrantique

Very nice seated half there Bob. Now, those are die polish lines right??

I hope to %$ they are. I'll have to get it out of the safe and put it under the loupe. It's been through NCS (as a precaution) and forwarded to NGC where they graded it PF62.

Ok Bobby, I guess I'll get this lazy posterior up off this overstuffed leather chair and check it out. You've got my curiosity peaked. I'll let you know what I find out shortly. grin.gif

They look too consistent to not be. But I am far from an expert on that!

After looking at the coin with my 16x loupe, the hairlines do appear to be raised. There also looks to be what might be some clashing on both obverse and reverse.

Right you are. 893whatthe.gif I think I will take some images tomorrow of what I think could be a die clash or two. I wouldn't think that there would be any on proof coins, but I guess you never know. I suppose it could also be some extremely heavy handed die polishing. We'll see what you think tomorrow.

Anyway, Bobby, thanks for the cardio-vascular workout. grin.gif

Look forward to the pics tomorrow Bob!

Maybe you can just start your own post with them and get some more opinions. remember, I still a greenhorn on some of these things! 27_laughing.gif

It's a nice proof but I feel BOILER78 is correct.

Note how the lines carry over into the leg.

Some of the lines may be polish lines but I don't feel all of them are.

Well we got a bit off track with the follow the lead but if it's OK let's just start with an 1862 anything or a Seated dollar or half. smile.gif

Well we got a bit off track with the follow the lead but if it's OK let's just start with an 1862 anything or a Seated dollar or half. smile.gif

popcorn.gif Just to keep it going.

1883270-Picture001.jpg

1883270-Picture002.jpg

1883270-Picture002.jpg.4aa6d3048f27a045adb1eb8ca0614718.jpg

Edited by rrantique

HeeeeHaaaaaa!!! There've been a WHOLE BUNCH of very attractive cents and seated liberty coinage since I last looked here (was down in Santa Barbara on a road trip). Lovely coins one and all!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif