• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who says there is no free lunch?

20 posts in this topic

That rocks! The sample slab crew will freak when they see it. What do you imagine the pop on that slab will be? An excellent souvenir - congrats.

I would add a "green with envy" smiley here, but there isn't any available.

Okay, how's this: 179728-Envy.JPG

Beijim

179728-Envy.JPG.ee2fbb900f7a60314cabaef4f384107b.JPG

Poor Cameron will die when he sees that.... 893whatthe.gif Is it from Long Beach?

Yes, it is from Long Beach. Poor Cameron missed out on this very rare slab. There were only 40 made and he had his chance to get one. I'm sure him missing this will be the low point in his life.

On the bright side, I did get two and I picked up an NGC sample slab with an Alabama quarter in it. It's the first Alabama quarter that I've seen. The design isn't revolting. That's better than I expected.

I also picked up an old NGC sample slab with the long hologram on the reverse. It has a GW commemorative half in it graded PF66.

sampleslabs1.jpg

Poor Cameron will die when he sees that.... 893whatthe.gif Is it from Long Beach?

Yes, it is from Long Beach. Poor Cameron missed out on this very rare slab. There were only 40 made and he had his chance to get one. I'm sure him missing this will be the low point in his life.

On the bright side, I did get two and I picked up an NGC sample slab with an Alabama quarter in it. It's the first Alabama quarter that I've seen. The design isn't revolting. That's better than I expected.

I also picked up an old NGC sample slab with the long hologram on the reverse. It has a GW commemorative half in it graded PF66.

I think there may be some "domestic issues" as to who will now plan poor Cameron's and his girlfriend's social schedule. goodevil.gif

Greg: Now, now. Stop breaking Cameron's heart! Miles told me your second sample slab was for you to give to Cameron! The secret is now out! smile.gif

It was great fun today at the Lunch!

Wondercoin

Missed out on the sample slab but the lunch was truly great and hotel staff was very helpful and professional.Going to head back to the show Saturday,can't wait.

Greg,

I'll give you a dollar more than Cameron will for the lunch sample slab. grin.gif

I'll be seeing Cameron today at the show - that is provided his girlfriend has given him permission to attend. blush.gif

I'll report back with his offer. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I saw Cameron today. He was stealing sample slabs from NGC. I think he also stole a slab box. David Lange was keeping a close eye on him as he was eyeing several other items that weren't bolted down.

Unfortunately, Cameron now has the CU Lunch Crew slab. I cannot report how much he paid, but it was a package deal where a lot of money changed hands.

He showed me a picture of his sister..er..girlfriend. He swears it's his girlfriend and not his sister. Maybe he is from Alabama and it is both his sister and his girlfriend?

The oddest thing was when Cameron saw two old me, he started to follow them. He kept telling me he had keys to his car. I don't understand what they meant, but he kept saying it. When I turned around for a second, Cameron was gone. He was chasing after the old men.

I saw Cameron today. He was stealing sample slabs from NGC. I think he also stole a slab box. David Lange was keeping a close eye on him as he was eyeing several other items that weren't bolted down.

I guess he lost that title across the street for a reason.

I did have permission to attend the show. Boy, was I lucky. smile.gif

I wasn't stealing any sample slabs. David Lange was almost ready to give out ANA YN sample slabs, but the other lady wouldn't let him. I guess my YN status is wearing thin.

Money did change hands for the NGC samples between Gereg and I, but I did get the CU forum lunch one from Gereg for free. Thank you Miles for trusting Gereg. A great show,m but very disappointing in the sample slab section.

I will buy the lunch slabs @ $45.00 each for anyone who wants to sell.

Cameron Kiefer

Hmmmmm a Sample/Presentation slab combo.....I don't know whether to collect it or not.

I'm more into genuine samples of production slabs.

It's neat though!

Lunch Crew Slab now trading on sightunseen trading system at $10000. Hit the bid, now!!

NGC: Please take note of the fantastic Public Relations a lunch gives. Santa Clara would be a great venue and I know a neat restaurant just down the street!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUTH 893applaud-thumb.gif