• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stocks and coins, they shouldn't mix.

7 posts in this topic

Well, with the recent crash of Escala stock, will there be company selloffs of the subsidiaries such as Teletrade and Spectrum in order to raise cash? Supposedly, 6 Billion plus dollars in assets are floating around somewhere. Any predictions?

TRUTH

I predict there is no $6 billion.

I pedict ESCL will declare bankruptcy.

I predict SPectrum, B&M, Teletrade will be taken private.

Any predictions?

Yes. This Thread will eventually see more than five responses and at least three of them will relate to the topic of this thread.

I predict there is no $6 billion.

I pedict ESCL will declare bankruptcy.

I predict SPectrum, B&M, Teletrade will be taken private.

I agree with that... I just think the whole thing stinks...

Well, with the recent crash of Escala stock, will there be company selloffs of the subsidiaries such as Teletrade and Spectrum in order to raise cash? Supposedly, 6 Billion plus dollars in assets are floating around somewhere. Any predictions?

TRUTH

As I understand it - and this may be incorrect, Escala owns B&M, TT, & Spectrum. Afinsa owns 1/3 of ESCL stock. ESCL gets about 2/3 of its profit from a deal with Afinsa. Afinsa is in trouble.

If so, ESCL should remain a viable company. Not sure why they would need to sell off their businesses. Afinsa will likely have to sell off the 1/3 ownership in ESCL, but that doesn't have any affect on ESCL. The ESCL revenues from Afinsa are gone and never coming back. If ESCL focuses on their businesses, there appears no reason why the can't stay in business.

Buying a couple hundred shares of Barrick Gold or Newmont Mining while they are still down some from last Friday and Monday's fall will yeild some nice coins in a few months......when gold goes near or over that $750 mark.

I see that as mixing stock and coins grin.gif

Regis