• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Kid in Town.

12 posts in this topic

Well I`m not a kid but, I`m still new to posting here on NGC. Some of you already know me from across the street. Since I just signed on, I figured I`ll do a courtesy post and say hello.

Well since I`m posting, has anyone dealt with these people? I`ve never tried them before and wondered if anyone has. I have a few Whitman Folders that I`m going to fill in and wondered how they where.

http://www.greatlakescoin.com/

Welcome, ccr, didn't I just send you a PM across the street?

I have done business with Great Lakes Coin Company. In fact, I bought a raw '37-S Washington in MS65 from them in June of 1998 at a show in MA. This material is not remembered because of some terrific recall power I have, rather, I keep meticulous records. They were very nice and had a wide selection of problem-free coins and graded them similar to how I would have graded them. The coin I purchased from them was also sold to me at a very reasonable price.

Welcome. Great lakes coin is an 'old school' coin dealer. They have been around for many years. Prices are fair, many of their coins are aimed toward collectors, and they deal in slabs, but not a great deal. I'd give them a 7 for service and honesty. They used to be a much bigger company before the advent of slabs.

TRUTH

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Thanks for the advice about Great Lakes. I`ll give them a try.

I don`t know how much or how little I`ll be posting here since I`m still across the street as well. But I`ll pop check in from time to time to see what`s happening. Thanks again for the nice welcome! grin.gif

Welcome!!

I'm sure you'll find lots of informative threads here, as well as good people!!!

mike

------------------------------

dont forget!! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif