• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

luv bug part three...........................

14 posts in this topic

the attatchemnt is now up and this coin is really uncommon with mostly red toning and booming lustre

sincerely michael

Not to steal your thunder, but here is a Barber dime that I thought was stunning. Anaconda was selling it about 2 years ago and I thought several times about buying it. Even thought I don't like the design, I thought the coin was stunning.

1894 Barber 10¢ PF66

hi there greg

hey no problem

i like to see great coins cloud9.gif and then we all learn and can all share our knowledge and experiences and are always friends first!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

very nice 1894 proof dime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but

remember the most important part about this business strike coin as compaired to its neatly toned proof counterpart

the business strike is many times rarer as compaired to the proof strike because of its business strike status in combination with its fantastic color and booming lustre and especially so its 893applaud-thumb.giforiginality 893applaud-thumb.gif

sincerely michael shy.gif

you can sometimes find great exceptional original toned barber dimes in proof but rarely find exceptionally original toned gem business strike flamed.gif examples

Well, if we are going to share Barber dimes here then I might as well post this one. It's a PCGS MS66 1911-D.

Greg, does your coin have a partial fingerprint on the obverse in front of Ms. Liberty? It looks like it.

176265-DBARBER11DPCGS66.jpg.1ed605fc9d712552a987086cf230cce0.jpg

Well, if we are going to share Barber dimes here then I might as well post this one. It's a PCGS MS66 1911-D.

Greg, does your coin have a partial fingerprint on the obverse in front of Ms. Liberty? It looks like it.

It's not "my" coin as I didn't end up puchasing it. It got sold before I even could bring myself to buy it. It does look like a partial print.

Should I tell you about the 4 Barber dimes I've dug out of the ground over time, including a key date 1896-S? (Ok, wife dug that one)

yes it is a partical print from being pushed into the albim years and years and years ago

but i have found many many lots!!!!!!!!!! of not only great but monster toned coins have this added on feature......lol

just the way it is

from the scan the coin still looks superb though i would love to see it in person to confirm its status as either good great or monster

sincerely michael

There's something real nice about that pinkish reddish coppery toning that stays mostly off the devices, and I can tell from the photo, that in person, it must be quite lusterful. A really beautiful coin.

mikeking 893applaud-thumb.gif you are an extremely astute coin collector!!!!!!!!!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

and classical man 893applaud-thumb.gif hope you like the forums they are a great place!! and i can see you know your coins!! and i hope you post more and tell us what you collect!

hey everyone it is always a pleasure yo see you guys on here!

wow this is getting better than the pcgs boards

sincerely michael