• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Coolest NGC Holder, What is Your Favorite?

15 posts in this topic

My favorite by far is the original black core holder (I collect them), followed by the one with the gold imprinted stamp on the back, followed by the one with the grey or light green oulined tag with no barcode. Toned coins look really nice in those old NGC holders for some odd reason to me, even the plastic seems clearer.

In fact, I like all of the older "thick" NGC holders much better than the newer styles, and I really wish NGC would bring them back......how about you??

dragon

I love the original black holders also. Gold looks especially flashy in them. They're just so hard to find and usually carry a premium when they do come to the market.

I think the black core holders were only made for a very brief time at NGC's outset. I actually have -2- Saints in the old black holders with consecutive serial numbers, I was lucky to have been offered them.

dragon

I have coins in every gen. holder NGC has used except the black core holder and I honestly like the new holders the best. The older thick holders are nice, but they feel too thick to me. The only complaint I have about the new holders that they are slightly longer than the old holders so when you put them in an NGC box, the lid does not close all the way. 893frustrated.gif

John

i like the new gen holders the best!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

they look more clean clear and crisp

also i think airtight??

also i like the new thinner holders as compaired to thicker bulky older holders!!!

893applaud-thumb.gif

the older holders after the black holders late 1980's early 1990's most/lots i have seen the inner white plastic of the holders seemed to turn an unattractive golden/yellow color 893naughty-thumb.gif

also i have seen morgans turn some unattractive colors in some of the later 1980's early 1990's ngc holders 893naughty-thumb.gifand i have seen this in many more than one case with the morgans flamed.gif

as to why i do not know just my experiences with such 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sincerely michael

I like the old ones also. I like the lack of divider between the label and coin. Have you noticed that the 2nd and 3rd gen holders stack better than the current ones? Still, NGC's current holder is much less obtrusive than PCGS, escpecially for small coins. ANACS has the right idea in holders IMO.

I like the new ones. They are smaller (thickness), the hologram doesn't get damaged as easily, they are airtight, the feel nice when you put your hand around it - unlike the old box slabs, and they have cleaner lines.

I think the newest holders are the best overall, but, I like the novelty of the black core holders, too. I also like how well the earliest generation slabs stacked but I think that played a part in their thickness.

Call me crazy but I Really like the look of the NCS holder. If that holder were an option I'd probably send alot of my coins in just because I like that holder so much.

Call me crazy but I Really like the look of the NCS holder. If that holder were an option I'd probably send alot of my coins in just because I like that holder so much.

Yep, me too. It's nice to see the edge of the coin.

I also like the newer holders. I have been slowly getting my Morgans reholdered for the very reasons that Michael stated in his Post.