• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is this $10 liberty real?

4 posts in this topic

This one has been harshly cleaned and the flow lines look rather odd? thanks mike smile.gif[bULLET][/bULLET]Gpio9FDEtKwHT25cDvCDe-lPBwXTmvzs0180.jpg[bULLET][/bULLET]2cJoGepMn9AfeQkxWXIF+AqG8nQlcge30180.jpg[bULLET][/bULLET]Ax1FFDQuv4aTXc9cx8lO0ZLZ6gAdWULc0180.jpg[bULLET][/bULLET]nrPxUgoUBWoC0J++m9kPkUra0lXoKv+M0180.jpg[bULLET][/bULLET]d56up5agLglw4pbkwNkc8ih1YsayuzIG0180.jpg[bULLET][/bULLET]I1DdrhPmS1Me8i0mux3lCzD0AFh77oRz0180.jpg

I am somewhat concerned about the rim as it seems wider on the left side of the coin than the bottom or right. It's not obvious from the photos that it's fake, but I would look at three things in particular: The reeding (is it uniform), the design on the edge (is it uniform) and the surface (are there any pieces of raised metal that can be seen as bumps under 10x magnification. I know this isn't a definitive answer you are looking for, but I hope it helps.

I am somewhat concerned about the rim as it seems wider on the left side of the coin than the bottom or right. It's not obvious from the photos that it's fake, but I would look at three things in particular: The reeding (is it uniform), the design on the edge (is it uniform) and the surface (are there any pieces of raised metal that can be seen as bumps under 10x magnification. I know this isn't a definitive answer you are looking for, but I hope it helps.

Everything looks good from the pictures, but I would also recommend checking those three things above, just in case.

As far as the rim being wider is concerned, that could easily be the result of a slightly off-center strike or missaligned dies, etc. That happens all the time and its not really something that would set off my alarms.

It looks kosher to me......from a scan. Harshly cleaned, perhaps with a large brush like instrument, hence the heavy uneven lines plus the dirt buildup around the devices. Its like sweeping a room with a broom....those corners are tough to get to.

IMHO,

Seth