• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,917 posts in this topic

Man I like eagles but even in a PCGS slab I would've been very doubtful of the toning on that one. Maybe it's cause I don't see alot of toned eagles except AT ones.

Man I like eagles but even in a PCGS slab I would've been very doubtful of the toning on that one. Maybe it's cause I don't see alot of toned eagles except AT ones.

The thought had crossed my mind that it could be AT, but honestly, I still like it even if it is. It wouldn't shock me given that it's a 1999, but I'm thinking that it's market acceptable. I'm contemplating starting a thread about the nature of toning.

Here is my newest addition to my 1963 DDR hoard. They have only graded 15 by both PCGS and NGC. I now own 6 of them!! :grin:

1963PCGSPR68DCAM.jpg

All 6 of them!! The PR63DCAM is severely undergraded. Some day I will crack it out and send it to NGC.

1963DDRHoard.jpg

Nice Roosies; are you trying to corner the market on that date and variety? ;)

:insane: Only the ultra cameo ones!!

I have an excel spreadsheet with all of them accounted for. Every time one goes up for sale I buy it!!

Hi

Schatzy

This is going to sound dumb, but that is how I learn, by asking.

First of all what does mean by DDR-FS- 017 and DDR-FS- 801

And why 1963?

Thanks

Alan

Edited by acan451

DDR = Double Die Reverse and the numbers around it are identifying the specific variety of double die. For instance the FS-801, the FS stands for "Fivaz-Stanton" who catalogued many die varieties/errors (similar to the VAMs on Morgan Dollars and Peace Dollars).

Hey X2, I beat you to this one!!! My newest purchase, slightly overgraded at NGC AU-50. It is the Large Letters reverse, only produced on one die marriage, O-101. The entire run has a huge die break on the reverse, the 'a' state shown here is even more pronounced. I love it!

k183299o.jpg

k183299r.jpg

Wow Jason

Thats a beauty .

I love that toning and on Both sides too . :o

O well, I'll have to wait a bit before me next buy . Sam is imaging one for me at the moment so should be able to post it soon .

Nice Pickup (thumbs u

Jason, Love the CBH, great looking coin.

Bob, The Proof Lincoln image is stunning!

Jamie, you continue to one-up yourself with the Rosies, I am happy to say I have a "Schatzy Pedigree" in my collection!

Alan, nice 83 Proof set up there.

OP

Thanks everyone.

When I saw this proof set I thought the same think.

They all looked cameo to me.

You can get lucky sometimes with the proof sets.

Alan

Thanks everyone.

When I saw this proof set I thought the same think.

They all looked cameo to me.

You can get lucky sometimes with the proof sets.

Alan

I've got a proof set almost exactly like that. Unfortunately I only have a pic of my Lincoln. He's been a little stressed lately, few more grey hairs then usual.

1983LincolnProofObverse-1.jpg