• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,936 posts in this topic

Just sealed a deal, terms, on this piece:

AlabamaBothA.jpg

Sellers Description: This issue commemorates the 100th anniversary of Alabama’s induction into the Union. The first coins struck contained the 2x2 notation signifying Alabama as the 22nd state of the union. The “X” dividing the two digits was to suggest St. Andrew’s cross, a motif from the Alabama state flag. The 2x2 notation was soon removed from the dies and additional “plain” specimens were struck. The present example display a wonderful array of sky blue, sunset orange and apricot hues on obverse and reverse. An exceptionally pleasing example. Only 6,006 examples minted

A couple of more Buffs. I've just photo'd these...owned them for awhile though.

5c-13p2_small.jpg

5c-23p_small.jpg

jom

Hi

Where do you guys purchase coins from? I have only used Ebay and I'm starting to think all the raw coins there have problems. Do you only buy graded coins? and is online a good place to purchase them?

Thanks in advance.

Kamillion, I seldom buy online anymore, instead I frequent the local coin shows in my area. We generally have 1 per month (there was one today where I got the two coins below), and it's much easier to haggle and see what you're getting before you get them, and you get to bring them home right away! Depending on where you live, there may be some nice shows around, I think Coin World used to have an online listing of shows too, so you could look up your state and see what's around.

Here are two I picked up at the local show today, the first is a nice variety I needed for the Dansco, the second was a 1/2 off bin purchase for $6 and I was intrigued by the die rotation!

111387.jpg.77541aa8152cceb475e0be6ea02435fb.jpg

111388.jpg.fb0af2344c5d3f000090363b0e191e66.jpg

111389.jpg.a10ae27017fbbd9cf9e3515a2ea005f9.jpg

111390.jpg.e435f49d36642a67aaa318e10865e8d1.jpg

jom - great looking SLQ's and Buff's... can't figure out where you find your coins.

They are all great - [ thx for the PM - I appreciate it ].

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee,

I like your 21 Commem - I just picked one up

recently myself - in a 64 holder:

ff15bcec.jpg

Thanks to everyone for sharing these amazing coins.

They are all a pleasure to look at.

(You know a guy could really learn something if he hangs around here)

i see a few roosevelt ms66 coins for about $14 a pop. and a 1966 SMS ms66 kennedy for $18. as well as a ms65 1957 quarter for $20. if I purchase these tonight ill post the picks.

No it is raw.

The thing about EBay is, it takes a lot of searching .

I don't know just how to explain it, you just find a link (Seller)

and one leads to another. On thing I do is when I find coin I like I highlight the name put it in the search bar and go from there. When you bid on an item and say you don't win, below the item are other sellers and again one site leads to another. And some ties you just get lucky like I did on this Jefferson. What you have to look for is the shipping charge. I have had some sellers charge $11.00 for one dime, not slabbed just the dime. And it was a great price but I don't bid on them.

Any questions and I would be happy to help just PM me

Alan

a NGC 1966 SMS MS66 Kennedy 1/2 coin shipped for $18 seems like a good price. I see others going for $40 or so. I might get this one. Just seems like a good price.

hmm wow that is a good price for that nice coin. There aren't many auctions for graded coins, so the ones I have been posting were "buy it now". And usually those arent a good deal. Which is why the ones that I posted stood out in my opinion.

I wouldnt be able to get such a good deal like you did unless it was an auction based purchase. Will def keep my eye out though.

also , i was wondering, sometimes i see Ultra cameo - does that also mean deep cameo ?

Edited by Kamillion

Hi Kamillion

I think they are pretty much the same

But not a hundred percent sure.

I'm am still a rookie at this so bear with me

And as fare as auctions for graded coins goes, there are quite a few.

Like I said you just have to look around

Just won

07 & 08 & 09-S PROOF JEFFERSON NICKEL COINS,NGC PF-69UC

For $12.50

I was very happy with that.lol

Alan

Edited by acan451

not the greatest pictures (I'll get better ones later) But I got this off the bay for $2 with free shipping a few days ago.

1999SGeorgiareverse2.jpg

1999SGeorgiaObverse2.jpg

Edited by Chris1976