• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,917 posts in this topic

THAT is a Bee-uuu-tiful Lincoln there Bob!!! :applause: I Love the colors on that one, and the surfaces are nice too. So where'd you find that baby?

I got it from an MPL buddy that resides ATS. It came in what looks like an original mint box with a small box inside of that that held the cent. Being raw and of beautiful colors, I wasn't sure if it would grade or not. I sent it in to PCGS with their free Quarterly Special.

That's what I'm taking about Bob!!! I'm not a big copper lover, but when they look like yours, they can be some of the most beautiful series to collect in all of coins.

<3

Nothiing great, but a fine example for my type set collection and I like it!

Coin in hand looks better than the pic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=370459149043&si=sudckWDi8oiQm9FH36p1RBeGqBE%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I picked up this rare PCGS XF40 19-Z Raised Rims Fugio for a STEAL off of Teletrade last weekend. Interestingly, as numismatic interests ebb and flow, I used to own this exact same coin and had originally paid more than twice the price that I paid for it this time. Who knew there would be Black Friday deals on old copper this year???

1787Fugio19Zo.jpg

1787Fugio19Zr.jpg

:-)

Edited by Fletcher

Very nice Fletcher. :applause: For some reason I thought you sold or were selling your Fugio's. Good to see I was wrong.

No, you were right ... I did sell them all off. But then I was able to pick this one up @ 60% off last weekend and have now decided to do a colonial type set like MidlifeCrisis for fun. I guess you could say I enjoy the hunt more than the hoarding :)

Two more Jeffersons for the registry.

JeffersonNickel1947-SNGCMS67.jpg

JeffersonNickel1949-DNGCMS67StarwithLabel.jpg

I quoted my newps from a month ago for a reason. Look at the certification numbers.

JN1951-SNGCMS672.jpg

That must have been a hell of an album collection. I hope the seller has more and he is leaking them slowly.

Paul - when I get around to buying a Jeffy for my type set, can I rely upon you to advise me (or sell one of your stunners to me)? I really like the Jeffs you've posted here and elsewhere. Wonderful.

Upgraded my 1887 Morgan from MS66 to this MS67. I purchased this coin more for my Top 100 set. After NGC attribution as a VAM 5 (repunched date), it will replace the AU58 that is currently in that slot and it will be 1 of 2 at the top of the pop.

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

87ms67v5comb.jpg