• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,916 posts in this topic

A couple for the Type Set, Fingerprints are usually a turn off for me...but the reverse of the Frankie has so many of them it's interesting...and the Obverse not a one.....

PCGS MS 65

13560805O.jpg13560805R.jpg

NGC MS 65

2524452-014O.jpg2524452-014R.jpg

A couple for the Type Set, Fingerprints are usually a turn off for me...but the reverse of the Frankie has so many of them it's interesting...and the Obverse not a one.....

PCGS MS 65

13560805O.jpg13560805R.jpg

NGC MS 65

2524452-014O.jpg2524452-014R.jpg

I have seen your 1957 in MS65....I am the one who submitted it to NGC straight out of an original mint set and those pictures don't do it justice (thumbs u

1957DoubleMintSet032.jpg

1957DoubleMintSet035.jpg

Wow. Its crazy how those pictures differ! When I seen the first pic, I thought OK. But when I seen Shane's, I thought WOW!

what's scary is that each toned coin has it's own finger print and even in that crappy image....I recognized the coin instantly......my memory for coins has never failed me....now if I could put that talent to practical use lol

You are putting that talent to practical use, well you could if you only dealed in toned coins. But your addiction will not let you just sell. YOU MUST COLLECT TOO lol

I have seen your 1957 in MS65....I am the one who submitted it to NGC straight out of an original mint set and those pictures don't do it justice (thumbs u

1957DoubleMintSet032.jpg

1957DoubleMintSet035.jpg

Dang....looks like I did better than I thought...I was happy with how it looked before. Now I see your pics and ...WOW!!!!

Edited by SteveInNebr

I sold that one on Ebay a while back and if I recall it only brought around $20.....I was quite shocked as the coin has very pretty color. It is a little darker in hand than my image....in the NGC holder but if cracked out raw.....it's a winner (thumbs u

Some very lovely coins, everyone! :applause:

Steve, I'd say the hardest coin to find outrageously toned for 1957 (or 1958 for that matter) is the nickel. This is NOT a newp, but you might enjoy it...

sh1957jn.jpg

FF, fun '57! (thumbs u

Sy, Was that 57 pulled from a mint set. It looks like it. I like it, obviously!

I suspect it was Jon, but it was already in a PCGS MS65 slab when I got it. Glad you like it, thanks!

Got these in the mail from a fellow board member in the last couple days (with work being so busy, I can't remember which day!) Enjoy!

68451.jpg.361f4b29d3314957cbd32b0c4a7858e1.jpg

68452.jpg.cfc37f1836217d576fd6056f06f54b63.jpg

68453.jpg.4afd3d4be4c0dda287b90b1356f1ec88.jpg

68454.jpg.6f5e3892f9e910edfaba072f4baafab9.jpg

Thanks, the 1833 is much nicer than my poor photos, with blue irridescence throughout...but at least I get to see the pretty toning in person!

Nice coins since my last post! (thumbs u This one arrived today. I posted the sellers images on page 742 I believe.

1910lincobvA.jpg

1910lincobv.jpg

1910lincrev.jpg

1910lincslabobv1.jpg

1910lincslabrev.jpg

Yes, this is my first CAC coin. :)

just cut out for the short heard ala BankNote inspiration

Is that secret code? (shrug)

:D

Hi Bob, short heard is a reference to what's called a short set in the the registry, BankNote1 has the one of the best...

just cut out for the short heard ala BankNote inspiration

Is that secret code? (shrug)

:D

Hi Bob, short heard is a reference to what's called a short set in the the registry, BankNote1 has the one of the best...

Gotcha! (thumbs u

And I agree about Monty's Buffalo's - great looking coins!! I love that 38D. It looks like it is brass plated!

Well I been gone a week and really I could only just scan thru all the new pickups guys. Looks like alot of nice new ones!! Congrats to all!! (thumbs u

Picked up some new coins for my 7070 album over the weekend. The quarter has some really nice blue rim toning, you can see a little bit of it in the pic.

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

Edited by Bugmann1974