• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,916 posts in this topic

I'm way behind taking pics and posting newps, but I did manage to take a couple. The first one I got from Pat Braddick. Below are his pictures and then mine. I could tell his were not color balanced but they were close enough to get a good idea about the coin.

The second coin is in a newer ANACS holder. This is the first and only new ANACS holder I have. They have really improved on the sturdyness of the holder and I like it. It's not quite as picture friendly as the first clearview holder, but it's not too bad. Again, the sellers pictures are followed by my pictures.

edit: It seems the boards have been made more unfriendly for inserting attached photos in the body of the post now. I guess I haven't tried it since all the new "improvements" were made.

63951.jpg.c737def7d121489ec993a07ce51ecb09.jpg

63952.jpg.f68e7d260d03aa5a39a1130e04dd410b.jpg

63953.jpg.20fee51dd86e9997839f78f734e8e279.jpg

63955.jpg.8e01a0c8ac16131a6f9bdbba817ca10c.jpg

63956.jpg.99217a7a2e284386049f40f26ace8b4d.jpg

Edited by RGT

WoW! It's almost like the before and after makeup photos! :o

Beautiful coins and beautiful pics, Randy!! (thumbs u

Woo-Hoo, Bob, that is an AWESOME looking proof Buffer-nik!!! (worship) Congrats on the pickup and good luck on the 1913's!

Randy, nice CC Morgan, and that Columbia is really sweet! :applause:

I like it Lee (thumbs u

Question for my own learning purposes - Why did the hits on the reverse not affect the grade as I would of that it would have.

Rey

Seems as if grading copper at the TPG's is not consistent. I believe the eye appeal and strike gave the grade a :bump: . As those hits on the reverse are right in the focal area and a nick on lincoln's head too. But lovely eye appeal (thumbs u

Finally created. If you did not see it in the Coins Forum ...

I love this set ... Long and awaited but worth it.

64228.jpg.e7d98f88ef537defb1827453727b1235.jpg

New070.jpg

New059.jpgNew069.jpg

New086.jpg

New088.jpg

New091.jpg

New093.jpg

New097.jpg

New099.jpg

New101.jpg

New102.jpg

New122.jpg

New126.jpg

New125.jpg

New124.jpg

Got all of these lincolns for a quarter a piece....

New127.jpg

New132.jpg

New135.jpg

New138.jpg

New140.jpg

New141.jpg

Was hoping the coin would be MS even though the scan was crappy but someone dipped and scrubbed the obverse trying to remove the dark toning....still a pretty reverse and a perfect fit for my circulated toned Morgan collection (thumbs u

New157.jpg

New159.jpg

New164.jpg

New172.jpg

Lee, I like the looks of your coin, but the 67 is too high IMO. (thumbs u

JG, that's a sweet grouping of gold. :applause:

Cool looking coins, Shane, I particularly like your Lincolns for 25c. :applause: BTW, were these all from the Arizona place?

TR, I like your lockdown stand. (thumbs u

WOW Shane, once again nice group of toned material! :headbang: I particularly :luhv: the 1880s morgan, and the first 54d Lincoln!! Unbelievable price at 25c :o It you get tired of looking at it, It would fit nicely into my collection :grin:

Lee, I like the looks of your coin, but the 67 is too high IMO. \(thumbs u

JG, that's a sweet grouping of gold. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Cool looking coins, Shane, I particularly like your Lincolns for 25c. 893applaud-thumb.gif BTW, were these all from the Arizona place?

TR, I like your lockdown stand. \(thumbs u

The Morgans and franklin Half roll came from Ebay...the dimes, Lincolns and the 1800 Dime all came from the guy in arizona. (thumbs u

I like it Lee

Question for my own learning purposes - Why did the hits on the reverse not affect the grade as I would of that it would have. Rey

The coin has fantastic lustre and color. The images are huge and the hits on the reverse are not as bad as they look. Is it a 67, NGC thought so. ;)