• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,915 posts in this topic

EXCELLENT gold TR! :golfclap:

Sweet looking Lincoln Lee. (thumbs u

Nothing sexy here, but I like it, PCGS Type 1, Clad, PR69DCAM for my type set.

Eisenhower76SCladT1_P69DCAMObv.jpgEisenhower76SCladT1_P69DCAMRev.jpg

Sweet looking Lincoln and Ike !

Tom - When I said tide me over, I didn't mean to imply that the $20 gold was an insignificant purchase for me. In fact, it is one of the more expensive coins I've ever bought (I'm not a big money player). That said though, the $20 gold in AU for that year is available; much more available than the '53 no arrows quarter. I had saved up some money to get the quarter and took a shot at a cleaned one that was in the recent HA sale. My bid fell short so instead I decided to put the money into the $20 gold.

My 1853 set is still coming along pretty good, and hopefully some day I can complete it. It is a much more difficult task than I anticipated when I started.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Nice coins all

my latest mint set of ebay came today

1964D bank set

1964r.jpg

1964.jpg

Shall i crack it or keep it in its origanal holder ??

ps the mark on the reverce of the dime is actualy a Flys wing lol do you think they will grade it with it on lol:insane:lol

Man Rey, I have never seen toning like that on a coin. I couldn't even begin to guess. Nice 96'? P there Rey. I actually like the toning. Even if it is AT, it's different!!

Edited by bsshog40

Looks like gas flowing over the coin rey

Had a closer look at the coins in the set and the Dime's mint mark looks a bit Dubbled to me ! (sorry about the scan)

19641.jpg

19642.jpg

hm

ps the scratches are not they are damage to the die !

Edited by dooly

Nice looking CBH Tom! (thumbs u

Rey, that ASE isn't exactly my cup of tea, which is what looks like spilled on it... but hey, if it floats your boat that's all that matters. (thumbs u

Dooly nice set. (thumbs u

These aren't my images, but I just got this coin in-hand today and it is wonderfully original.

Tom I almost bid on that one myself. "Very Nice" addition!!!!!!! (thumbs u

My most recent at the moment is this 1976. I haven't even gotten it in the mail yet but it should be here in another day or so. I could have gone for a slightly better grade but I got a nice deal on the coin and I was after it for a type coin, not to be an ultra-nice coin for a some major set I'm building. If I ever decide to seriously build an Ike set I'll probably replace it with a MS 65/66.

41206-25a.jpg.0a434619cd7b2597a612694a127d5c96.jpg

Edited by Revenant

Lee, this was a direct sale from a PCGS board member. Might it be that you thought it was a different coin?

Probably so. Very similar to one I saw. Still "Very Nice"!!

I agree that is a nice Ike there. It appears to have a nice golden hue. I wouldn’t dismiss it for a coin a grade or two higher - JMHO.

Thanks.

It does indeed have a nice golden hue. I'm used to pictures and lighting conditions lieing to me though so I wasn't going to count that in the coin's favor until I saw the coin itself (I was using the seller's image). That coloring does give it a kinda unique look for an Ike though the light has to hit it just right before it'll pop out at you. :)