• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,915 posts in this topic

id like to think it was a death yr thing. people must have done it when he died. sorta like the 2$ bills that people added stamps and post marks to :)

Nice Trade $1 Bill. Looking for a nice XF/AU for my 7070. Just picked this one up from the PO:

DSCN3855A.jpg

1914lincolnpcgslabel.jpg

1914lincolnobv.jpg

1914lincolnrev.jpg

Just purchased from David Lawrence today. Anyone who seriously knows Seated Dimes knows how unusual it is to find an 1866-S this well preserved and not dipped or cleaned. It was strong money, arguably stupid money, but IMO money well spent:

1866s_10c_obv_large.jpg1866s_10c_rev_large.jpg

Ziggy,

Nice Seated Dime, is that a Die Crack on the obverse extending diagonally up from the date? Also, I viewed your homepage and like your collection site including the photos and write ups you have included.

Where abouts in the Hill Country? My folks used to live in Horseshoe Bay.

Rey

Ziggy,

Nice Seated Dime, is that a Die Crack on the obverse extending diagonally up from the date? Also, I viewed your homepage and like your collection site including the photos and write ups you have included.

Thanks. Yep, it's a die crack. It's a common diagnostic for variety Fortin-103. Some people thought it was a planchet lamination, and it does look like it somewhat, but it's a die crack.

Where abouts in the Hill Country? My folks used to live in Horseshoe Bay.

Small world. We're in Llano.

That's a wonderful coin, Ziggy. Congrats on the acquisition, the kind of addition to a collection that's not possible without patience and persistence.

Ant, I like that stamped Lincoln, good stuff! (thumbs up

Bill, nice Trade dollar. (thumbs up

Lee, that's an attractive Lincoln. (thumbs up

Cherrypicker, Welcome to the boards!!! :hi:

Ziggy, good looking SL dime. (thumbs up

Nice proof shield there IGWT

Glad i dont collect proof shield's my bank manager would have a fit lol

I have just picked this 1989 Prestige set up in Germany for £9.20 whats the going rate for these sets ? as i am thinking of busting it open for my Dansco 7070 and my lincoln cents dansco !!! if the value is low on the set..

eb6d_1.jpgdb22_1.jpg

Edited by dooly