• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,903 posts in this topic

Really nice quarter. It has a gash at between 10 and 11 o'clock? But still a really nice coin... I want it!

Just picked it up, the photo is from dealer's, will post the picture when I get it.

IMG_0271_zpsda927a00.jpgIMG_0270_zps561b6f8c.jpg

Nice additions everyone!

I was at the show in Chicago and managed to buy a few "newps" from the bourse floor.

1906 NGC PF-64.....the colors are beautiful....my photos are not.

149511.jpg.dd96c5fa5535414e24252a0559288410.jpg

149512.jpg.9655effd8a5452a7eff90766b65431a6.jpg

Yes it is. I actually made an offer on it at $50 off the listed price, and they accepted. They're very easy to work with, I've bought from them many times before.

What's 314 peace dollars? If you're referring to the sample slabs they have listed, then yes - they're priced at about 200% of what they're worth. Perhaps they believe the green CAC means something on sample slabs? I have many of these that would get gold CAC if submitted, no question (the MS60 grade is just a number they slapped on all these samples, most are a lot nicer than 60)

Here is a thread with a 314 peace dollar and I believe it contains a link to another thread or 2

Yes it is. I actually made an offer on it at $50 off the listed price, and they accepted. They're very easy to work with, I've bought from them many times before.

What's 314 peace dollars? If you're referring to the sample slabs they have listed, then yes - they're priced at about 200% of what they're worth. Perhaps they believe the green CAC means something on sample slabs? I have many of these that would get gold CAC if submitted, no question (the MS60 grade is just a number they slapped on all these samples, most are a lot nicer than 60)

Here is a thread with a 314 peace dollar and I believe it contains a link to another thread or 2

where?

where?

Sorry got in a hurry

try this

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=2&Number=6639356&Searchpage=1&Main=296254&Words=leather+pouch&topic=0&Search=true#Post6639356

where?

Sorry got in a hurry

try this

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=2&Number=6639356&Searchpage=1&Main=296254&Words=leather+pouch&topic=0&Search=true#Post6639356

(thumbs u

THANK YOU!

Thanks!

Follow-up on the 20 Cent Liberty AU-55

I received the coin yesterday. Knowing Hertitage's propensity for "soft-glowing" pics, I broke out my Galaxy 4 for amateur detail pics. I've never been happier with an AU-55.

26249767ObverseDetail_zpsbed4152b.jpg

26249767ReverseDetail_zps344b420c.jpg

Just need the half-cent to complete my 5 coin 19th century obsolete coin collection

Thank you...

The slab is pretty well scratched particularly a circular one just over Liberty's right knee. The reverse is killer.

The letters "Liberty" on her shield are soft and the lower lines blend in with the frame around the word. I broke out my 53x zoom zOibit viewer and now the AU-55 seems a bit harsh...but I got it at a good AU-55 price point. It will live happily in its case with it's other 19th century coins of folly.

The 1974-S MINT SEALED MS 67 must have been difficult to come by

Not at all. I've had my eye on these coins for past month. When the seller decided to auction them off I had saved up enough for his buy it now price and tried to purchase them outright. Well I went to try to buy it now someone bidded on them. So I maxed my bid as the buy it now price and I ended up getting them for less, but I would have given the seller what he was asking for if he would have waited another couple of days. So I wanted to say thanks to coinsource2 for the three blue Ike's. They look great.

Now time for a couple more Ike additions.

1971-S Silver Eisenhower $1 "Brown Ike" U.S. Mint sealed NGC Certified PF 68* Cameo.

1F85359A-2E4B-448B-81C9-7BA687F50B0F_zpsfnoh3zwd.jpg

FF5DCF5C-30E9-4D6B-A8F3-FB6806E67D90_zpsrbfabtok.jpg

When I added this coin to my first registry set. I figured I would end up with a higher score because of the PF 68* Cameo, but it had a lower score than the PF 68 Ultra Cameo that I already have. So I added it to one of my other registry sets instead.

1971-S Silver Eisenhower $1 "Blue Ike" U.S. Mint Sealed NGC Certified MS 65

027448A9-0BE5-473C-9E5B-95387571D34E_zpsbtbwlavc.jpg

65042FD5-5AD7-444A-B8DB-F8D2B1DA5040_zpsxefwsbl1.jpg

The 1974-S MINT SEALED MS 67 must have been difficult to come by

Not at all. I've had my eye on these coins for past month. When the seller decided to auction them off I had saved up enough for his buy it now price and tried to purchase them outright. Well I went to try to buy it now someone bidded on them. So I maxed my bid as the buy it now price and I ended up getting them for less, but I would have given the seller what he was asking for if he would have waited another couple of days. So I wanted to say thanks to coinsource2 for the three blue Ike's. They look great.

Now time for a couple more Ike additions.

1971-S Silver Eisenhower $1 "Brown Ike" U.S. Mint sealed NGC Certified PF 68* Cameo.

1F85359A-2E4B-448B-81C9-7BA687F50B0F_zpsfnoh3zwd.jpg

FF5DCF5C-30E9-4D6B-A8F3-FB6806E67D90_zpsrbfabtok.jpg

When I added this coin to my first registry set. I figured I would end up with a higher score because of the PF 68* Cameo, but it had a lower score than the PF 68 Ultra Cameo that I already have. So I added it to one of my other registry sets instead.

1971-S Silver Eisenhower $1 "Blue Ike" U.S. Mint Sealed NGC Certified MS 65

027448A9-0BE5-473C-9E5B-95387571D34E_zpsbtbwlavc.jpg

65042FD5-5AD7-444A-B8DB-F8D2B1DA5040_zpsxefwsbl1.jpg

If I ever want to add a Eisenhower to my collection I'm msging u first.