• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,903 posts in this topic

I had to play catch up here. Nice BT Washington, and a really nice toned Eisenhower. I've been busy and I tell ya, trying to get some nice coins thru eBay has proven really difficult. I was bidding on a NGC certified 1971-S Eisenhower Silver "Brown Ike" Proof 69 Ultra Cameo and was out bided past my budget would allow. I just can't say how quick the price went for the coin. It ended close to $100.00 and NGC valued for $40.00. It would have been a nice addition to my registry set, but I guess it became such a bidding war that someone wanted it really bad at what ever cost. Then I tried bidding on some other Eisenhower coins and notice someone else was following me around on eBay out bidding me on everything I was bidding on in different sellers auctions. He/She is really starting to irritate the hell out of me. So I started bidding on not just Eisenhower Dollars but on presidential dollars, Washington quarters, Lincoln cents, and even coin supplies. Sort of weird and I'm not sure if this person was upset that I out bid him on an 1980 SBA set at the last second. That's when I noticed this person started stalking me ever since. Oh well, I got some newps to share with everyone.

2008-S Proof Presidential $1.00 NGC Cert. PF 69 Ultra Cameo

C244450D-C34D-40CE-922D-8A7528C96B56_zpszhuiddnx.jpg

1A190991-1F4F-42E2-B4BA-787462B72593_zpsh9kbmppy.jpg

1986-D Liberty Half Commemorative NGC MS-69

81C9740D-8814-43B9-A976-1B0FAA8E29E6_zpsikvnc44h.jpg

2E6BE0C0-56CF-48BF-8FB5-4468757F4DAB_zpsdch4hrsm.jpg

And now the Eisenhower's,

1990-P Eisenhower $1Commemorative PF 69 Ultra Cameo

7ACEF291-31DD-43B5-B228-9618ECE1C491_zpse3udfr7q.jpg

0B2CDF23-D849-4EBE-BD61-A13C8F02E3A9_zpsrhsdtihv.jpg

1973-S Silver Eisenhower $1 "Brown Ike" PF 68 Cameo

EA1AC9F3-98F1-4E06-93C1-B476AEF92B31_zpsimncfflf.jpg

75E190BF-FA61-4FF7-916C-D1835E293015_zps51nihtdc.jpg

All the images are from the eBay sellers photos. Once in hand I'll try to recapture the images and post the here. I'm also working on getting a 73 & 74 NGC Blue Ike's.

Great additions wygold! I have a couple brown box Ike's. Yes, they typically go for more than NGC list price. I was able to get a '71 Proof 69 * last year.

Yonico reported having a stalker earlier this year too. That's just nuts. Who in their right mind is going to follow someone around on eBay...what's this world coming to?

Nice additions Wygold!

Ah, the stalkers are still at it! Damn.. I had a problem with one earlier this year, but I got him off my tail finally :eyeroll: find my thread about that issue in the numismatic general forum, there were some good suggestions and solid advice on how to avoid being followed and outbid all the time.

@ jpcienkus, I updated the 90-VDB thread over there, sorry it took so long!

Great additions wygold! I have a couple brown box Ike's. Yes, they typically go for more than NGC list price. I was able to get a '71 Proof 69 * last year.

Yonico reported having a stalker earlier this year too. That's just nuts. Who in their right mind is going to follow someone around on eBay...what's this world coming to?

Thanks jcpienkus, I've got my eye on a '74 NGC cert brown Ike @ a local shop. Trying to see which coins I want to let go for trade, if you know what I mean.

Nice additions Wygold!

Ah, the stalkers are still at it! Damn.. I had a problem with one earlier this year, but I got him off my tail finally :eyeroll: find my thread about that issue in the numismatic general forum, there were some good suggestions and solid advice on how to avoid being followed and outbid all the time.

@ jpcienkus, I updated the 90-VDB thread over there, sorry it took so long!

Thanks yonico. I did find you thread last night and some interesting advices. Don't think I will use a snipe just yet. I'm weary about using their services and not some much the cost but if a server goes down or doesn't get a bid in due to some technical error on either ends and I don't get the coin I'm after. That's the down side of sniping, at least from what others have said.

Although I've been putting coins in my watch list and waited until the very last minute to bid on. So far it has worked........ I also looked to see if the person left feedbacks and nothing yet. I just hope that's the last time I see the stalker.

I was reluctant to show this coin due to the TPG which I can't find any info on but decided to show anyways. Besides I got this coin at a killer price of a $1.83.

1982-D George Washington commemorative Half Dollar. It says it's a MS 65?

3E295D7A-D840-40E8-9A2A-2D32C789D782_zpsrqijbvgv.jpg

C99ED89D-41DA-46F9-A714-B1EBF58A1E11_zpsurspnty5.jpg

This is the eBay sellers photos, once in hand I'll post a picture.

I was reluctant to show this coin due to the TPG which I can't find any info on but decided to show anyways. Besides I got this coin at a killer price of a $1.83.

1982-D George Washington commemorative Half Dollar. It says it's a MS 65?

3E295D7A-D840-40E8-9A2A-2D32C789D782_zpsrqijbvgv.jpg

C99ED89D-41DA-46F9-A714-B1EBF58A1E11_zpsurspnty5.jpg

This is the eBay sellers photos, once in hand I'll post a picture.

That's actually pretty cool. You shouldn't worry about the grading service...at a $1.83 who cares?! :banana:

jom

These pics are pretty lousy as the camera reflected in the plastic.

On the reverse of the 1815/2, toward the lower left, there is a reddish area that is toning not some kinda funk on the coin.

The rub mark on the cheek of the 1836 looks no where near as obvious in hand.

P6230002_zpsfdf1d4df.jpg

1836 reeded edge

P6230004_zps1cd6a1c2.jpg

1836 reeded edge rev

P6230006_zpsbc990df0.jpg

1815/2

P6230008_zps5583219d.jpg

1815/2 rev

Some Great looking coins everyone!!! :applause:

There are too many nice ones to specifically mention anyone, but I particularly like the Washies and Frankies, and the Mercury/Telstar medal was interesting. (thumbs u

No pix yet, but I was in a local B&M wednesday when a person came in with a bunch of albums. After he sold them and left, I went through them. I am not per se a Roosevelt collector, but I bought an old Whitman album of the 1946 - 1964 Roosevelt series. The album is missing 5 date/mm (’51-D, ’55, ’58, ‘59, ’60), out of the total 1946 - 1964 run of 48 date/mm. The Roosies were BU. Five of the Roosies have toning that draws your eyes when you open the album, ’47, ’49-S, ’55-D, ’55-S and ’63, while another 10 - 15 have pleasant toning. It was a fun WTF purchase.

Some Great looking coins everyone!!! :applause:

There are too many nice ones to specifically mention anyone, but I particularly like the Washies and Frankies, and the Mercury/Telstar medal was interesting. (thumbs u

No pix yet, but I was in a local B&M wednesday when a person came in with a bunch of albums. After he sold them and left, I went through them. I am not per se a Roosevelt collector, but I bought an old Whitman album of the 1946 - 1964 Roosevelt series. The album is missing 5 date/mm (’51-D, ’55, ’58, ‘59, ’60), out of the total 1946 - 1964 run of 48 date/mm. The Roosies were BU. Five of the Roosies have toning that draws your eyes when you open the album, ’47, ’49-S, ’55-D, ’55-S and ’63, while another 10 - 15 have pleasant toning. It was a fun WTF purchase.

They are fun purchases. I did the same at a Long Beach some years ago. I think the set cost me $100 but there were a bunch of nicely toned ones. Those sets seem to still be around a lot....

jom

This medal just arrived... usps_delivery_smiley_animated_v2_zps2ec9ef6a.gif

S01_1961_Dag_Hammarskjold_NGC_MS68_composite_zps25bb14d2.jpg

-Brandon

Winner!

I like the mailman emoticon too...I'm gonna have to steal that one. :devil:

jom

Edited by jom

-Brandon

Winner!

jom

+1

Beautiful medal!

-Brandon

Winner!

jom

Steal away! I wanted a mail-man version of one I found online, so I edited it for my needs. The original looked like this:

ups_delivery_zpsb61d245c.gif

-Brandon

Winner!

jom

Steal away! I wanted a mail-man version of one I found online, so I edited it for my needs. The original looked like this:

ups_delivery_zpsb61d245c.gif

Thanks...stole that one too. lol

jom

Nice coin, I really like that alot. So is this coin an example of a double die variety (where the coin is struck more than once), or is it an example of die doubling (where the collar of the die doesn't hold the planchet perfectly in place, causing it to slide). My first intuition was that it was the latter, similar to what you would find in many Peace and Morgan VAM varieties.

Recently, I've missed out on some nicely toned 83-O's in this grade. I finally won one. It's my first blue toner. Can't wait to see it in hand.

1883OMS66_zps244a0b03.jpg

1883OMS66reverse_zpsaee096bf.jpg

Recently, I've missed out on some nicely toned 83-O's in this grade. I finally won one. It's my first blue toner. Can't wait to see it in hand.

1883OMS66_zps244a0b03.jpg

1883OMS66reverse_zpsaee096bf.jpg

wow :applause:

i bet this one pops in hand! great pick up!!