• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,903 posts in this topic

Clashing where? I am not as astute at finding that stuff. I will try for better pics in the morning. But tomorrow night I hope to be able to post some awesome graded Morgans.

Clashing where? I am not as astute at finding that stuff. I will try for better pics in the morning. But tomorrow night I hope to be able to post some awesome graded Morgans.

It may be the pics but what I'm seeing looks like a clash. Look on the Reverse, right side of eagles wing by the top wreath leaves. In between the wing and leaves, looks like Liberty's cap is clashing there. I may be wrong.

I think I see what you are talking about. I looked at it with a loop. I'll try to get better pics of the spot to make sure we are talking about the same thing....but I also noticed some raised areas on the obverse to the right of the head which I will try to get good pics of. But I'd like to make sure we are talking about the same area. It's going into NGC either Friday or Sat with about 29 other coins I want graded. Would they note any of that in the label?

Yea I see something coming off the rear of liberty's hair also. I'm pretty sure that NGC won't note this on the slab. If you could find anymore clashes, you may want to check out VamWorld to see if it's a Vam Morgan. Hopefully Chris will see this thread and can help out with it, he's very good with vams.

I have an 1883-CC with some of the same clashes. It's hard to tell from your pictures but is there a small dash under the second 8 in the date? You'll need your loup to see it, unless you have really good vision! I agree with Bobby. Check out Vamworld.com and they have some great reference material and pictures. Also, check the Variety Plus page on the main NGC website to see what varieties they will attribute to your coins.

Here's the closeup of the wing area I think you were talking about and the back of the head where I saw the other spots that were slightly raised. Not sure about the dash under the 8 unless you are talking about a very small - right above the edge of the coin that I really needed a loop to see. I'll check Vam World when I get more time later today or tonight but any thoughts would be appreciated.

138347.jpg.14dc3e627c8430c25619937442ddb1e4.jpg

138348.jpg.4379d881e492925513f9d72f3b16547e.jpg

Thanks. I checked them out. The dash on mine, if that's what it is, is much lower than in the pics in vamworld. Maybe I'll submit some pics and see what they say there before I send in into NGC.

Thanks. I checked them out. The dash on mine, if that's what it is, is much lower than in the pics in vamworld. Maybe I'll submit some pics and see what they say there before I send in into NGC.

I Pm'd Chris and he's pretty sure that NGC does not attribute these. Still cool to have!!

Finally got my Morgans back from NGC. It's been torture waiting for them. Pics are not the best but I took a break from sweating in the backyard working my butt off in the heat.

138366.jpg.5c83aab26bd5507ed89f0e583f014273.jpg

138367.jpg.4bad6aaa34c96da8ddc24a26b98ebbb6.jpg

138368.jpg.ff8df50972905ab0439d89f078cf2f05.jpg

138369.jpg.c373beed3061044e4f99cd6e3b5fd2c4.jpg

138370.jpg.4adf90513f23072114a9471e745cd808.jpg

Went to an auction that included coins from a guy who was a banker for 50 years or something. He had a large stash of coins, proof sets, rolls of Kennedys, etc. He also had 10 UNC 1892-O Morgans that I guess nobody else bothered to check the rarety or worth so when the bidding started on this particular coin I only had one guy bidding against me and he quit early. When they asked me if I wanted the rest of them at the same price, I said YES!! So I took them all. Don't know if I will ever find such a great deal again but I sure enjoyed this one.

Nice group of +'s.

Agreed and a nice hoard of better dates.

+ 2

Congratulations on the pickup!

mkman123 was gracious enough to part with this beautiful coin and im glad I had the opportunity to snag it.

photo is by valente51 and I hope he doesn't mind me using it.

1862scsms63n_zps922fd4fc.jpg

mkman123 was gracious enough to part with this beautiful coin and im glad I had the opportunity to snag it.

photo is by valente51 and I hope he doesn't mind me using it.

1862scsms63n_zps922fd4fc.jpg

I love it. Are the contrasts an artifact in the image or does this coin have a cameo appearance in hand?

Kenny,

The image does slightly enhance the cameo in my opinion but I stress slightly. It really is stunning in hand and I can't believe it did not get a PL.

Nick