• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,910 posts in this topic

how do you Post?? Heck I answer ?'s and do not know if gets on forum as NOW where does this GO?? please help

I have much to offfer as a 40 yr old Retired Hedge Fund trader in Precious metals and graded coins/ been collector since 1989 and trader since 1991

So I am open to ?'s or add to etc especially spare a grade as been to scholl for that and as we bought graded coins I was 1st buyer for up to 6 Million on 1 coin/ but see Hyper Inflation taking Grades to meaning less /Unless have access to Billionaire collectors and they are paying 20-30% less NOw then last YR for all metals and coins...

I have 50$ Pan Pacific MS69 PCGS Grade inly 3333 made back in 1915 and well ditched at 4.6 Million 2 yrs back and now same coin goes for 3 Million if Lucky... Silver and all metals MELT THE SAME and always a MS63-65 from a Roll/Mint Box/ so with that said must have a AWESOME STRIKE to hit a Pay-day and those graded before 1999 need a Re-do per technology/ and new coins I tread lightly..

what is a 1/2 cent good for when we NEED SILVER Platinum and Palladium and Rhodium/ Gold not really a need.. Well the Copper/ as heck that could soar as Hyper-inflation sets in.. Good History though, yet sahll we not set-up for Reality that Bullion "well vague as any ungraded coin/ or think of bars but get as much QTY of a metal as possible..

Quality is the fine 9999 we want and as much as possible in each asset class biased Silver and Platinum/ As graded prices slide and even junk starts to trade Par with Fine silver, it is a show that "we as nation are out... Must depend on Import as our dear Treasury sold out at 2.40 per Ounce are hugest amount of Silver ever and from microwave to Micro switch it needs SILVER..

just 1% of usa cash buys silver we go to a 1/2 yr supply 1% of China or India want and buy a microwave and refrigerator and we go negative as world on Silver..... So cool Silver is not cool/ only lowest over spot wins...

A Eagle 1/ of lowest quality coins but highest premium and Engelhard and Pamp to Scotia Mocatta .999 pure yet a "Sunshine mint Bar / which also mints Eagles is 20% less but equal quality...

Buy as much low cost as can is my opinion from being a Hedge Fund Precious metals trader/ and buyer of numismatic coins.... Just get that bar 10/50/100/1000 ounce and can shave off 1/10th ounce 5 gram 10 gram 100 gram 1 oz 10 oz whatever 1 needs to pay in silver with or war nickles in place of those expensive small bars/rounds coinflation.com 2$ of nivkles is 40/2.3 ounces of silver/ troy ounces and look for that big p s d etc over the monticello and have a silver 35% nick/ after oct 8 1942 all were stamped for easy take back by treasury but most can be bought for 1.40-1.60 and melt out at 1.90-2$..

Platinum is ready to go over 2800$ by end 2013 and Silver by 2017 at least 570 per ounce/ and numismatic will not matter very much....

It ALL MELTS THE SAME "so when tempted at a cool coin/bar Remember at 1740 degrees it melts if Ugly or pretty all the same../ Infact with color actually more Refining is needed to burn it off/ skim it out/ I know as "pour my own" I just watch that art coin melt ist the colors blaze then the details bubble up and poof we have a liquid/ to "skim and pour in a new mold...

Always wanted a clean 1916 Mercury dime.

Also picked up a couple of new Lincoln's....my sickness.

Robec_1916_Mercury.jpg

This is as orange as orange can be.

Robec_1964_NGCPF66RB_011.jpg

Love the subtle toning on this 1968-S

Robec_1968S_NGCPF66RB_009.jpg

Wife got this 71-D Kennedy in her change yesterday.

It is her birth year. This coin has been circulating for 41 years!

Only 302,097,424 minted, grades oh.....Fine 12? Must be worth...oh.....50 cent?

She gave it to me, and said "Merry Christmas" :cry:

Not too shabby honey

OP

132265.jpg.eb773d6c890d284f6911bddc54618ca4.jpg

Wife got this 71-D Kennedy in her change yesterday.

It is her birth year. This coin has been circulating for 41 years!

Only 302,097,424 minted, grades oh.....Fine 12? Must be worth...oh.....50 cent?

She gave it to me, and said "Merry Christmas" :cry:

Not too shabby honey

OP

I'm amazed the clerk had the stones to give it as change.

This is one that I picked up from the latest Stacks Auctions. I'll post some other newies a bit later

1892-O Barber Quarter. MS-62 (NGC)

215234_01.jpg

215234_02.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Very nice Larry. My poor wife only spends 'em. You'll have to show me how you trained her. :)

Love your Barber Martin!! Simply Beautiful.