• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

When I saw this piece, I had to purchase it. Thanks again Stefanie (a/k/a coinsarefun) for negotiating and conducting business with me!

1860_3_Cent_Silver.jpg

PCGS MS62

Stefanie is definitely a stupendous seller. I have added some nicely toned morgans to my collection due to her!

Very nice Token

What year is it

Alan

Since the date is not on it, I'm not sure there is a way to know for sure. These tokens could have been made in multiple years. NGC simply dates it 1861-1865, the years of the Civil War.

When I saw this piece, I had to purchase it. Thanks again Stefanie (a/k/a coinsarefun) for negotiating and conducting business with me!

1860_3_Cent_Silver.jpg

PCGS MS62

Awesome (thumbs u

coinsarefun has nice coins!

I'm a repeat customer as well. I've bought some cool token from her in the marketplace, and some pretty nifty toned Morgans on eBay. She's creating a pretty good rep around here.

1860_3_Cent_Silver.jpg

PCGS MS62

Awesome (thumbs u

WOW!! Hey Stef, where's mine?

Very nice win there Alan, I have those as well and I often wonder why they put them into the plastic holders like that for the 1966 and 1967 SMS sets but left the 1965 SMS set in typical mint set packaging.

-Chris#2

My first "acquisition" post! I got this for my Birth Year Set. I sent off two proof sets and both the P & D souvenir mint sets to NGC two weeks ago to be graded for the set, can't wait for the grades to post! This one I won at auction for $907, Numismedia lists its value at $1,100, population 54 with none graded higher. I'm very happy with it. And still learning to photograph proofs properly.

112700.jpg.c84085924792a925bb6fc5dbab93a11d.jpg

Alan that is a beautiful coin, but the price WOW...

You also have some nice sets as well

The Westward Journey set is a favorite of mine.

I am putting together two Jefferson sets in albums.

Iam trying to only use proofs but I doubt I can get all.

If I would spend less time on sample slabs I might just finish one lol

Alan

Alan, I love the presentation. I'm wondering how many lights you are using? Might need another as there are some dark areas that can be solved with another light.

Alan, I love the presentation. I'm wondering how many lights you are using? Might need another as there are some dark areas that can be solved with another light.

Thanks. =) I am using two CFL lamps. I keep experimenting with lighting and lenses and zoom amounts and I can't get an image I'm happy with after looking through some of your guys' registries. So, I will probably end up paying one of the forum members to photograph my sets as I finish them, then replace my image attempts with the paid-for photos once the set is completed.

My first "acquisition" post! I got this for my Birth Year Set. I sent off two proof sets and both the P & D souvenir mint sets to NGC two weeks ago to be graded for the set, can't wait for the grades to post! This one I won at auction for $907, Numismedia lists its value at $1,100, population 54 with none graded higher. I'm very happy with it. And still learning to photograph proofs properly.

Very nice Roosie. (thumbs u