• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,915 posts in this topic

CHRIS#2

Great coins, remember to leave some for me lol

Alan

:signfunny: Dont worry alan, I'm sure there will be plenty remaining lol I managed to work out a deal with a jeweler/coin dealer directly so I can avoid ebay and he ships them to me free. In about 4 weeks, I have a deal worked out with that place to get the rest of the silvers for the statehood set that I am missing. After that, look our clad, here I come. lol

-Chris#2

Alan,

Buy what you like and can afford, and enjoy yourself! I remember people ridiculing me for paying $7 for a silver eagle back when silver was under $4, and they said I was crazy for paying over $400 for a Saint! Of course I feel the same way about what others buy, but I say to each his own. I am really not into most modern coins, but there are a lot more people out there that just love them, so how can you complain?

Anyhow, to stay on topic, I got this one today, along with a silver proof set for 2011:

111837.jpg.f47e87d801af00a790b5c7286db20fc6.jpg

111838.jpg.f9c5b0efa57be2c9539faa770a10921e.jpg

Thanks Jeff

That is one beautiful half, 1808 imagine where that coin has been and

the people that have held it. That is the first thing I think of when I am lucky enough to see such a coin. and congratulations on the proof set

Alan

I know what you mean Alan, sad part is, both silver and clad versions are running about the same cost for most of this set, so far the only huge difference in prices I have seen are the 1999 issues. Other than that, I've been picking up each of the silver ones for about $14.99 each including the shipping. I really hope that the price stays around that for a while at least until I get the ones that are missing.

-Chris#2

Thanks, Alan and Bobby. I have been looking for an 1893 AU 58 for so long,

its not funny. Funny thing is that one did show up last week at another Heritage

auction - and it was a decent 58 - and it closed for $431 !! Crazy money for an

AU 58. I'm happy with this 64 - and although its really too nice for my set, I'll

"rough it"... lol

I've also been working on another SLQ collection - and the other day, I won

a 1926-S in MS 64:

e89390c6.jpg

01c2bcfc.jpg

Today, I was the lucky bidder for these two coins - and although neither of these three coins have a Full Head - they are well struck - and all display a fair amount of Head.

238204a3.jpg

1866630b.jpg

d938fa3a.jpg

3c403049.jpg

I decided not to post the larger images - they're crazy big.

they still look fantastic to me, but if roughing it with that one becomes too much of a burden, let me know, I'd gladly accept the donation of such a horrible coin. lol

-Chris#2

Hey Elbesaar

Very Very Cool

I have to say they are beautiful,

best of luck with your collection.

And thanks for letting us see them.

Alan

Edited by acan451

Beautiful coins guys, a beautiful bustie and Mike great coins as always!!

So were you the winning bidder of this Tim? It was in the ats giveaway to guess what the winning bid would be of this coin.

Yes, I won the auction. I learned of the GSA existence 5 years ago from a avid softpack collector. When, I seen it come up for sale I had to have it.

I love that coin Lee :luhv: In fact, I love the whole set and my long term plan is to collect the Early Commems!!

Any way, here is my latest coin for my DC and Territories set. A silver PF70 UCAM Guam.

111879.jpg.8722533ff6f119bd7e9aded836cd869b.jpg

111880.jpg.e500edd968675a9f679a7b20a58bfdb7.jpg

Very nice coins you guys, looks like the coins I order had a delay in their travel, so my new ones wont show up until the 6th. How sad is that, the rest of the order which consisted of 3 boxes arrived here over a week ago.

-Chris#2

Congrats! To all and thanks for sharing some great coins.

John I like the picture, still trying to get mine.

Alan