• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,908 posts in this topic

I am a little confused but I already received my FUN Sale purchases in the mail. I haven't even paid the bill yet. Anyway, two more monster Jefferson Nickels for the registry set.

The 1940s FS is absolutely breath taking as is the 1950-D; however, I do have a question concerning the latter. I thought NGC and PCGS would not designate coins as FS when there was a tick across the steps that interrupted them. This coin seems to have six full steps, absent the two that contain a tick above the "c" in Monticello. Is this common place or am I wrong? Regardless, it is a beautiful coin.

What you are saying is true but it depends upon the depth of the nick. In this case, it is a very minor distraction that is not nearly as bothersome in hand. I agree with the FS designation for this coin. My bigger concern with the 50-D is that the luster is on the satin side. I doubt very much if this coin would cross to MS67 by PCGS for that reason.

Thanks u guys! It is actually in a 45 holder...with a CAC sticker...I find it kinda funny with the wipe n all...Without the wipe it would at least be a 53, if not a 55....

L/T 92000 minted...

189110O.jpg

189110R.jpg

NGC MS 62...

silverrounds.jpg

14 oz firefighter 1 oz rounds, and one 2 oz one

thanx pendragon aka rick

still got some more deals in the works on here and some more coming in the mail, think everyone just got smushed by the snow the last week i ordered stuff off off :banana:

everyone banana dance lol

Edited by rube

Nice bunch of silver there rube!!

thanx, i been buying up stuff

i wish i had all the stuff i had back in the 80's, im 63, i remember when gold was 32.50 a ounce haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that stinks lol

Nice IHC there South FL Guy!

And Welcome to the forum where coins are stunning and debate is assured!

I lived in Cape Coral and Fort Myers in the 70's!

Are you Gulf Coast?

Cheers

OP

Just bought this. NGC MS64. A few minor scratches, but a nice coin nonetheless. [/quote

WElcome to the boards :hi:

I am after a nice 63 indian and I would have thatb in the album in a heartbeat :) Martin

Edited by x2rider

Nice IHC there South FL Guy!

And Welcome to the forum where coins are stunning and debate is assured!

I lived in Cape Coral and Fort Myers in the 70's!

Are you Gulf Coast?

Cheers

OP

Thanks.

And thanks for the welcome.

I'm on the southeast coast. West of Ft Lauderdale.

gold4.jpg

1910-s st gaudens 20$ gold piece- i always wanted one, he had a nice 1908 i think it was that didnt have in go we trust motto on the back-it was sweet

hes going to get me a bunch of morgans right now

Edited by rube

gold5.jpg

1926 10$ st gaudens indian head

i am now going to go hide from my wife or tell her i spent 50$ on em all :whistle:

shed never know, it my retirement check anyways, not hers :banana:

when i join NGC for a year, i get 5 free grade vouchers right- ill send in these 5 coins me thinks if i can

man spending $ makes me wanna watch spongebob :whee:

I DONT KNOW WHAT THE 2 GUADENS WILL GRADE, BUT THEY ARE WORTH GETTING SLABBED ANYWAYS I THINK

ILL TRY AND GET MY SCANNER GOIN TO TAKE PICS OF COINS, I USED TO DO IT TO SPORTS CARDS, BUT I REALLY STUNK AT IT lol

ILL TRY TONIGHT AFTER NAP AND CARTOON TIME IS OVER FOR YE OLDE MAN

NITE

UNCLE RUBES BAND

Edited by rube

Nice adds rube! The Saints are such pretty coins, as for getting them graded, it's really hard to tell from those photos, but they are both very common dates.