• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Here's a few nice roosies. Both were pulled from aftermarket cardboard holders, and the '64-d has a good amount of die polish lines on the reverse.

1964dRoosObvHR14.jpg

1964dRoosRev_03.jpg

1963dRoosObvHR04.jpg

1963dRoosRevHR18.jpg

I have just purchased (for bullion price) two Gorbachev Man Of The Year medals. In 1988, Gorbachev was Time Magazines "Man Of The Year" . Someone minted these medals using gold and sliver. The large one is silver; the other gold.

My question is this; has anyone ever seen or heard of the medals? I have searched all over the internet and have found no mention of them anywhere. I am sure they are US minted, but they aren't legal tender coins.

They came in a nice little wooden box. I will post pictures when i get to my other computer.

I recently bought a South African 1952 proof set. It was missing the one shilling (silver) and 1/2 pound (gold) coins. I was able to buy a proof 1952 1 shilling a couple of weeks ago and a proof 1952 1/2 pound coin just arrived in the mail today.

They look great all together in their blue case. The '52 coins are special because that is the last year of King George the sixth, who is on the obverse of all the coins.The coins have strikingly beautiful reverses with animals and ships.

I will get the ones conserved that were in the box originally, as they are filthy, but otherwise in MS condition. I will follow up with a picture tomorrow.

Edited by helipilot61

Nice Buff Lee (thumbs u

These are two washies that are consecutively numbered and graded by NGC, in no line fatty holders as well. :grin:

1957dWashNGC66obvHR20.jpg

1957dWashNGC66revHR02.jpg

1958dWashNGC66obvHR01.jpg

1958dWashNGC66revHR09.jpg

Jim, don't worry, if it's the same one that you showed me, there's a reason it went cheap, and it's the same reason I recommended that you pass on it.