• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Nice Norfolk Fish. :banana: (thumbs u

I've fished along most of the Atlantic Seaboard for more than 50 years, and I've never heard of a Norfolk Fish. (shrug)

Nice catch!

Chris

I bought a couple of nice circulated pieces today.

A seated half dollar for my registry type set and a couple of standing libertys for a date set that I have slowly been putting together for a few years.

IMG_2820a.jpgIMG_2821a.jpg

IMG_2822a.jpg

IMG_2825a.jpgIMG_2826a.jpg

1918S

IMG_2823a.jpgIMG_2824a.jpg

Edited by Bugmann1974

My 5 year drought is over and I was finally able to get my hands on a T.Cork :banana:

Consignments5003.jpg

Consignments5006.jpg

Consignments5007.jpg

Consignments5011.jpg

Consignments5014.jpg

Consignments5020.jpg

This appears to be an undiscovered Vam so I will most likely be sending this one off to Leroy Van Allen

Consignments5042.jpg

Consignments6004.jpg

Consignments5045.jpg

Consignments5048.jpg

Thomas Cork was a dealer who amassed quite a collection of colorful Morgans. Many years ago he approached PCGS and NGC about slabbing the coins with his pedigree and they politely declined so he worked out a deal with PCI and the rest is history. There are some monster coins floating around in PCGS/NGC holders that used to reside in these T.Cork PCI's including the TCCS icon coin that Ron Sirna bought many years ago.

I am probably one of only a handful of collectors even know about this guy let alone would pay a premium for a coin in a PCI holder with the pedigree but I was happy to find it as this is only the 2nd I have found on Ebay in 5 years. I was high bidder on the other one but the seller told me he had aleady sold it at a show so he never shipped it even though I paid etc.

Nice Shane, here's my newp from you. I can't match your photo. Was it out of holder?

Yes it was raw and straight out of the mint set when I imaged it. I expected that submission to come back in the new edgeview so folks could image the coins better but they sent all 26 coins back in the old holders so I was none to happy.

doh! Paul, how in the world did that 1950 grade MS67!!

I have no idea! That coin will certainly be a temporary resident in my collection. On the other hand, the 1953-S is spectacular with a total population of 16/0.

Love the colours in the 41 Fishfinder .

Lehigh96, I would have say it must of been a planchet thing that got it through . Lots happening there hm