• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Great pickups as always everyone!

And I bought a couple of additions to my registery 7070. This 3CN and an MS65 Type 1 buffalo nickel. You guys will have to wait for pics of the buffalo, as I can't seem to get good ones this morning but It has a hammered strike.

Was finally able to get some halfway decent pictures of the Buffalo. Still not great but it gives you a good idea. The color is accurate though.

1913T1.jpg

I have this coin as my desktop background . Such a neat piece :)

I'm about to put your avatar as my desktop BACKground. MJ

hm... Well I'm new here and this is my first post. Didn't really see an introduction thread or anything of that nature, but I'll find a way, lol.

I'm afraid I don't know how to take pictures all that well. I'll see what I can do, and post some today or tomorrow at some point. The coins I'm referencing are my newest toys! A 1908 quarter eagle and a 1909 D half eagle.

I'm not an expert at grading, but I would guess the quarter eagle to be somewhere in the neighborhood of MS 61-63 (gorgous uncirculated, but a few bag marks present). I haven't the faintest idea what the 1909 half will come back as, but I have immensely high hopes for this one. There are only 2 marks on it that I can see at all under 10x magnification, both on the reverse. One is a line that follows the curve on the top of the beak on the eagle for about a millimeter, the other is a similar line that follows the curve on the front of the neck of the eagle.

I'll have to see what I can do in the way of pictures.... I'm not mechanically inclined and I'm certainly no photographer.

I'll be sending my coins in to be graded and slabbed soon. At the present time they're in PVC free cards (the cardboard ones with the clear face), stapled together, then placed in the little sheath things. Whatever they're called, lol.

Edited by Scooter1685

I'm fighting off my own addiction... and losing ;)

2010-41-19-53-41-0-DSC_0002.JPG

2010-41-19-54-2-0-DSC_0010.JPG

That is probably one of the most beautiful numismatic items I've ever seen with equally impressive photos. It's almost as if I'm actually walking inside St Peter's. Very nice Richard !!!

Hi, Scooter! Welcome to our little corner of the world.

If you want to post photos, you can do it, here, in "U.S. Coins" or in "Hey buddy can you spare a grade" if you want some opinions of what a coin might grade. It's fun and you can get differing opinions. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people hanging around and they can also tell you what might be good or bad about a coin. If you should get some negative comments, please keep in mind that they are only trying to help you.

I think you are referring to the 2x2 cardboard holders with the mylar cover. Please be careful when handling any group of holders like this because the staples can accidentallly damage the coins in an adjacent holder. If you are planning on submitting any of these coins, be aware that you should remove the coins from these 2x2's before sending them to the TPGS. You should use SAFLIPS for each individual coin. If you don't have any, you can get them here:

(Scroll down to the bottom of the page)

http://www.jpscorner.com/Coin_Flips.htm

JP's Corner is a good source for many of the supplies you might need.

In any event, please be sure to read carefully the packing and shipping instructions that are on the submission form. It is best to always send your submission via Registered Mail.

Have fun!

Chris

Hi Folks just got this one today in the mail .

Thanks Sam

1833cbh105.jpg

Pretty much an XF but the edge does have some reeding on it pretty much the whole way around as well as the lettering . ????

I am going with CBH 0- 105 ?

Thanks Martin

There were some "experimental" edges used in the early 1830s, which would explain the reeding (I have some photos of that somewhere on these boards)

A buddy of mine picked up a 1880 8/7 morgan ( a 6 o in vam book ) the other day. He says its a xf 45 or so. neat to cause he picked it up just above melt value. The dealer missed it altogether ( it goes that way some times. If get pic of of it, ill post :) have a good weekend all

Mark..........Love your WLH and images.

Thank You Dean .

I was getting a lot of reflection on this coin , I must have taken 50 pictures before settling on a few. Every CAC coin I have purchased has met and most of the time surpassed my expectations.

Shane, I think they made a mistake on the quarter. Wasn't 1948 the year that slab was used?

The funny thing is that if it wasn't for the darker brown spot on the reverse of that 1963 AT of mine, both of these reverses would look alike. :insane:

Chris

Love the obverse of that Franklin. It looks eerily similar to a certain Frankie you sold me :)

Well it wasn't this coins sister that's for sure as it was a real moose that sold for $$$ but then again you own a lot of great frankies and I am sure a few came through my hands at one point (thumbs u

That '58-d 50c does look eerily familiar Shane... hm

and I like the '48-s Washington, as you know I would ;) , looks ms66 too...

and first generation, cool!