• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

That will do! Fortunately, I have everything ready to go for my short trek to Orlando on the 9th, so I can make time to go through them. How rare is the Blunt 9? Are there any population estimates?

Chris

I saw this coin in a thread last month and even though it wasn't for sale at the time I managed to add it to my collection. I had decided not to buy it but during the course of the day that it sat on my desk I must have picked it up 20x to examine it. I just couldn't resist. This is one of those rare instances where a coin speaks to you, it doesn't matter what lighting you use the coin is beautiful and takes on different personalities as you rotate it under any kind of light.

I do find it ironic that the coin album that graced this coin with it's magnificent color also imparted the grade limiting "slide" marks on the cheek. I have owned two proof 68 Morgans and IMO without the disturbance on the cheek this coin could grade that high!

5902927.jpg

Thank you Mike Printz (thumbs u

That will do! Fortunately, I have everything ready to go for my short trek to Orlando on the 9th, so I can make time to go through them. How rare is the Blunt 9? Are there any population estimates?

Chris

According to Breen the Pointed 9 is seen on Proof and business strike coins for the year and it estimated that fewer than two million coins with the Pointed 9 were produced. The variety is a linchpin to a complete collection of the Roosevelt Dime series, much as the Blunt 9, though considerably scarcer.

The blunt 9 in just PF67 goes for about $60.

Ahhhhh yes....I remember Mike posting that....too rich for my blood but I see the coin went to a good home. Fortunately once the adoption is complete Mark....in a round about sort of way I will own it lol lol lol

:whee:

Chris

According to Breen the Pointed 9 is seen on Proof and business strike coins for the year and it estimated that fewer than two million coins with the Pointed 9 were produced. The variety is a linchpin to a complete collection of the Roosevelt Dime series, much as the Blunt 9, though considerably scarcer.

The blunt 9 in just PF67 goes for about $60.

Is this what you want? It was the first set I checked. Do I have to go through the 59 others?

Chris

91654.jpg.5db3a8b4ab030d8dfaea192bb671a1e6.jpg

Chris... if you find the pointed 9, there should also be an Accented Hair Half to go along with it. Take a look and see if I'm right. But, I remember reading a while back that somehow the pointed 9 and the AH always accompany one another... or maybe there are some rogue pointed 9's, but every AH is paired with a pointed 9.... Does that make sense?

Chris... if you find the pointed 9, there should also be an Accented Hair Half to go along with it. Take a look and see if I'm right. But, I remember reading a while back that somehow the pointed 9 and the AH always accompany one another... or maybe there are some rogue pointed 9's, but every AH is paired with a pointed 9.... Does that make sense?

I've already "tagged" those. I've only got 4 of the Accented Hair halves.

Chris

Blunt 9 count so far: 18 out of 22 checked

Chris

Chris I think you miss read my post. I have a blunt 9 in NGC PF68UC and a point 9 in

NGC PF69UC. I said I am still looking for a blunt 9 in NGC PF69UC.

I just have interest in the ultra cameo coins. ;)

Jaime, next time I got to a coin show, let me know what coins you are looking for. I'd most likely have to pick them up in complete PS's, but some should not be that expensive. Let me know, I find ucam / dcam dimes on a regular basis, but I usually pass on them unless they are SMS coins.

Chris I think you miss read my post. I have a blunt 9 in NGC PF68UC and a point 9 in

NGC PF69UC. I said I am still looking for a blunt 9 in NGC PF69UC.

I just have interest in the ultra cameo coins. ;)

Gotcha!

Chris

A new addition to the Mercury / Winged Liberty Dime collection...

1917-SDimeVF-XFOBV.jpg

1917-SDimeVF-XFREV.jpg

I know - I know - never buy a raw coin on eBay - but - seriously, you

can't always judge by images alone.

However - its been scrubed - and back she goes.

Live and learn.

Oh - I have been known to collect many other series - other than Barbers.

Great Roosie and Morgan above! This is the latest addition to the walker set. 67*. Has that cello type proof toning look but this is a business strike. MJ

1262557796.jpg

1262557797.jpg

1262557798.jpg

Edited by MJ

Very attractive Walker.

Nice Cameo Roosevelt !!

Well...today's my birthday...

and thought I'd add this to

my 1891 Mint Set...

1891-PDollarPCGS63LGOBV.jpg1891-PDollarPCGS63LGREV.jpg

Very attractive Walker.

Nice Cameo Roosevelt !!

my 1891 Mint Set...

Birthset eh, nice :applause::preach: (thumbs u

Happy Birthday! MJ

Edited by MJ

Very attractive Walker.

Nice Cameo Roosevelt !!

my 1891 Mint Set...

Ditto (thumbs u

And hope you have a great one there Elbasaar. Nice Morgan!! (thumbs u

Very attractive Walker.

Nice Cameo Roosevelt !!

my 1891 Mint Set...

Very nice, Mike! It looks like it's probably a VAM-6.

Chris

Very attractive Walker.

Nice Cameo Roosevelt !!

my 1891 Mint Set...

Very nice, Mike! It looks like it's probably a VAM-6.

Chris

Nice additions everyone. :applause: