• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,912 posts in this topic

Very nice Barber half!

I just upgraded to this Barber dime in my Dansco 7070 yesterday. As always my pictures don't do the detail justice. It is a solid XF45.

IMG_2664a.jpg

IMG_2665a.jpg

I also finally added a 1814 Classic head Large cent for my 7070. Its a low grade. Probably an AG3 but its on a nice planchet. I also dig the fact that most of these 1814 cents were used as pay directly to the mint employees. (Or so I have heard)

IMG_2662a.jpg

IMG_2663a.jpg

I've been on a buying binge of these over the last 12 months. This is a NGC-62 which looks like it may go higher -- I have lots of them to compare it with. The pics depict the imperfections more than they really appear.

91395.jpg.f13a255ebe18d7995b740f4cf6fbd074.jpg

91396.jpg.cf19268e9982ac0e60cbd8a708cde897.jpg

Edited by jimbucks

I picked up a couple more coins for my slabbed Morgan set.

These two Morgans are polar opposites. the 1898 is a prooflike and very well struck from fresh dies and the 1890O is mushy from very wore out dies. Its kind of neat to compare the two. The 1890O is also my first coin in a no line fatty.

1898PLMorgan.jpg

1890OMorgan.jpg

Thanks Irvin!

Very nice toner Shane! (worship)

I picked up some more coins Saturday. Two more Morgans for my Morgan set and a Walker for my type set.

The 1882 O Morgan has a superb strike and great luster. Unusual for the Date and Mint.

1882OMorgan.jpg

The 1890 Morgan is pretty mushy from being struck with worn dies. Its a pretty neat piece with many die cracks on both obverse and reverse.

1890Morgan.jpg

The 1943 Walker has semi prooflike fields. The pictures show what I assume to be dip residue all over both sides but in hand it is barely noticeable.

1943walker.jpg

1976-S5C.jpg

1976-S10C-1.jpg

Going back to NGC to get the designation onto the slabs.

Pointed 9

196410CC.jpg

Blunt 9

196410CB.jpg

Still looking for a Blunt 9 in PF-69UC

Give me a break, Jaime! Are you going to make me go through the 60 sets I have looking for a "blunt 9"? :frustrated:

Chris (shrug)

Give me a break, Jaime! Are you going to make me go through the 60 sets I have looking for a "blunt 9"? :frustrated:

Chris (shrug)

I have 2 Pointed 9's in PF69UC but I haven't been able to cherry pick a Blunt 9 yet.

60 set would only take a few minutes ;)

Chris (shrug)

I have 2 Pointed 9's in PF69UC but I haven't been able to cherry pick a Blunt 9 yet.

Do you have comparison photos so I know what I'm doing?

Chris

Chris (shrug)

Do you have comparison photos so I know what I'm doing?

Chris

Sorry this is the best I can do with what I have.

19649.jpg