• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,915 posts in this topic

Curious how that Rosie graded at PCGS with the unusual torch strike on the reverse?

If it's a late die state, weak strike or struck through grease, PCGS would still grade it. And in the case of this one, would grade it relatively high. It's fairly obvious that there is no wear on the reverse.

Curious how that Rosie graded at PCGS with the unusual torch strike on the reverse?

If it's a late die state, weak strike or struck through grease, PCGS would still grade it. And in the case of this one, would grade it relatively high. It's fairly obvious that there is no wear on the reverse.

Yes, what Bob said. The date/mm is often found with a horribly weak reverse strike. This one isn't that bad, but the bottom of the torch does look different and the mint mark too.

It's graded ms66

Hey fish - I had to get one after you got that other one ;)

(thumbs u Very nice Franklin! Similar toning to mine and yours is straight up in the holder (unlike mine). I heard somewhere you can tap the holder till they straighten out. (shrug)

I've been looking for the right one of these at the right price for a few years. Now I got it. I think it is a "sleeper".

87481.jpg.bb217435a509bf7c51483cf4dd0e8798.jpg

87482.jpg.50edae1ba7dbd4a64333b32b7ec6352e.jpg

Sweet Frankie Jason (thumbs u

Those are die polish lines on the obverse, right?

Yes, both the obverse and reverse have considerable die polish lines. This is characteristic of the 1949S prooflike coins.

A couple of NEWPs from my local shop.

1880S PCGS MS64PL Morgan It has a mark between Liberty's cap and the M in "unum" that keeps if from being a 65 but I love the clean cheek on it.

IMG_2331a.jpg

IMG_2332a.jpg

and this PCGS MS66 1943S cent

IMG_2335a.jpg

IMG_2337a.jpg