• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Bob........Very nice and congratulations on completing a short but tough series. :applause:

[font:Comic Sans MS] Well done Bob and congratulations on the my favorite Lincoln set [/font] :applause::banana: :banana: ^^

Very nice pickups ya'll!! carl, Bob, elbasaar, and others I've missed. I've actully looked at them all just haven't posted everytime!

For $533 I could not go wrong! There are deals to be found on Ebay.

No offense but I think you overpaid. If it were to be crossed to NGC or PCGS it would most likely be downgraded. I hope that you like it in hand!!

That's always a risk. I have had 100% crossing ANACS and ICG gold over at the same grade level to PCGS. ANACS and ICG seem to be pretty good at grading gold. I figure I paid MS-61 money for it so what the heck.

Thanks to the wisdom of you guys when I asked your opinions a few weeks ago, I just picked up this 69 for $12 instead of $40-$50 for a 70. This is going to be part of my music coin set of course. RI AL

new004-1.jpg

new003-1.jpg

Got both of these today, now if i can find two P mints.

Those darn P mints are hard to find in high grade!!

I`ve noticed, any reason why?

(shrug) I am not sure!!

Toyonakataro,

Fantastic Seated coins - just a pleasure to study. Thank you

for sharing them with us. I always look forward to your posts.

Just won this one. My first Aluminum coin. :)

Photobucket

Bartlesvilleok, If you have a minute sometime, I sure would like to know the history of this piece! Thanks.

Ri AL

Post Your Most Recent Acquisition (Doesn't say it has to a coin lol )

Not a coin but still cost me a lot of money.

This is the first vehicle that I was able to pay cash for!! :banana:

I got it for $6,000 under book value!! It a 2007 with only 14,000 miles (still smells brand new)

032.jpg

Photobucket

Bartlesvilleok, If you have a minute sometime, I sure would like to know the history of this piece! Thanks.

Ri AL

Dont know a lot about the history. It is a Judd 1769

The Judd 10th edition says the following

Obverse : Charles E Barber's design. At the center is a shield, across which is a ribbon inscribed LIBERTY, incused. Crossed poles behind support a liberty cap and an eagle. E PLURIBUS UNUM above. 1896 below, seven stars left, six right, all within a circle of dots.

Reverse: Olive wreath enclosing 1 CENT. Around the boarder inside a circle of dots is UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Photobucket

Ri AL

Dont know a lot about the history. It is a Judd 1769

The Judd 10th edition says the following

Obverse : Charles E Barber's design. At the center is a shield, across which is a ribbon inscribed LIBERTY, incused. Crossed poles behind support a liberty cap and an eagle. E PLURIBUS UNUM above. 1896 below, seven stars left, six right, all within a circle of dots.

Reverse: Olive wreath enclosing 1 CENT. Around the boarder inside a circle of dots is UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Thanks for the information. I wasn't even aware that aluminum was "available" 113 years ago. I really like the design. I wonder why it was rejected.

RI AL