• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,912 posts in this topic

I haven't posted in a while but I still like to look at all the great coins posted here. I'm trying to stay focused on my Walkers and work on my early dates with the help of my good friend Bob "Supertooth."

My latest is a 21D Walker

Clipboard21d.jpg

Spectacular coin, D.D. and Bob did you well!

I tried posting in the World Coin thread and no one has posted there since so I'm staying over here.... :sorry:

I won these in the last day or so. The rabbit and the dragon finally fill the last 2 holes in my Australian Lunar Dollars set. The Snake just upgrades a coin I already had at a relatively low price (the MS70 was only about 50% more than what the MS69 cost me).

73487.jpg.bc3645252b9f3b7f533d6963fe1e67b3.jpg

73488.jpg.a010918f3aece415944a7f42680e115d.jpg

73489.jpg.9d6815e52e8ad0097252e23a35842613.jpg

(the MS70 was only about 50% more than what the MS69 cost me).

Does it look 50% better?

I have the first six of this series raw. I bought them as a group when they were the only ones out yet. The plan was to finish the series but I haven't done it yet. With the price of silver these cost a good bit more now than when I bought the first ones.

(the MS70 was only about 50% more than what the MS69 cost me).

Does it look 50% better?

I have the first six of this series raw. I bought them as a group when they were the only ones out yet. The plan was to finish the series but I haven't done it yet. With the price of silver these cost a good bit more now than when I bought the first ones.

I was mostly speaking in relative terms. With a silver eagle, an MS69 usually costs about $30-35 and a MS70 will often go for $150 to $200 if not more. This means that the % increase for the 1 point is about 400 to 600% (thus, why I don't buy Eagles in MS70). In relative terms, 50% isn't that bad. You're welcome to disagree.

Just giving you a hard time, but I should have added a :baiting: to that post.

I don't collect the modern stuff slabbed but I do have some modern gold in 69, bought at spot prices. So I guess to me it wouldn't be worth anything more to get a 70 (except if I planned to sell it). I have seen some other issues with relatively close pricing between 69 and 70, most notably the first spouse coins.

Collect what you like. I'm sure that I have paid at least a 50% premium for a one point grade increase before. I'm not sure that I could say any of them looked 50% better, at least based of technical grade. Hopefully they looked better based on eye appeal. ;)

William, I really like those lunar coins. I've been considering getting a set of those myself.

Good luck building your set (if you choose to).

If you want a complete MS70 set then the hardest one to find (pre-graded) is the Ox (supposedly, it has the lowest population). In my experience though, the Dragon is probably the hardest to find due to the popularity of it and the number of people that would like to have that coin even if they don't have the rest of the set. It can also be harder to find people willing to sell the older coins (including the rabbit and snake) for something approaching a reasonable price.

Edited by Revenant

Nice coins all..

Well i have just added this to my shield nickel cud collection . it was picked up on UK ebay for less than EF money so not to bad .. (thumbs u

Sellers pictures

4a6e_12.jpg

Seems to have good stars !

4a8f_12.jpg

happy hunting :devil:

PS. i have had a look through Fletcher and this cud seems not to be listed :applause:

Edited by dooly

jason, lehigh, dooley ant :o what's got into you guys...great coins ...i'm stoked ...just completed my "short herd" buffalos , check it out when i can update it..thanks for the support and cool learning curve....FF

Hi there .

A new addition to the 7070 . I really wanted one in MS but just couldn't really afford it so this will go with the other recent ones and we'll have a slab cracking party .

Personally I think it is a touch over graded more like 55

1933cappedbust.jpg

Cheers

Very nice X2. I just filled the final hole in my 7070 a few months back and feel like I finally finished the Boston Marathon -- broke but I received the trophy for perserverance and high pain tolerence :tonofbricks:

Edited by Rob Lynch