• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,912 posts in this topic

Very Nice Coins All !!!

I've been on the sidelines quite some time but enjoying seeing all your newps. I did recently buy a BTW nothing real special but I'd bid $20 on HA and won it...

I also agreed last night to acquire a coin that I should receive in a week or two. Here's a hint... I can't wait to have it back in my collection AGAIN... ;)

In the mean time, here's the BTW... It's not in the same league as Lee's new one.

46btwobv.jpg46btwrev.jpg

I am busily working on a Rhode Island set...which will have all of 3 pieces when finished, the 1936 half which I already have, the RI continental currency that I won from Heritage and am waiting for, and today, this arrived. Not as riviting as many of the beauties you all post...but I'm happy just the same.

rir-1-1.jpg

rio-1.jpg

I already posted the Heritage photo of this one, here is my photo along with the Heritage photo and 4 new Jefferson Nickels.

ElginCommemorative1936NGCMS67Star1.jpgElginCommemorative1936NGCMS67Sta-2.jpg

ElginCommemorative1936NGCMS67Star.jpgElginCommemorative1936NGCMS67StarOb.jpg

JeffersonNickel1939Revof40NGCMS6750.jpgJeffersonNickel1939Revof40NGCMS6-1.jpg

JeffersonNickel1943-DNGCMS661667-1.jpgJeffersonNickel1943-DNGCMS661667-2.jpg

Untitled-2.jpgJeffersonNickel1949-DNGCMS661992049.jpg

JeffersonNickel1951-DNGCMS66Star-1.jpgJeffersonNickel1951-DNGCMS66Star-2.jpg

That 1836 CBH looks to have very original surfaces, which is quite unusual for this series. Here is a newp I purchased a few days ago when Dave Wnuck and I spent an afternoon talking coins.

I1838P63.jpg

I1838P63R.jpg

ahhhhhhhh Is that a what a MINT State one supposed to look like what is it a 62-63 ??? ... bet the pocket book got lighter with that puppy.

Nice Pick up Tom

Yes, it is truly MS. However, because of some selling each way, Dave's wallet was the one that was worse for wear after our meeting. hm

Yes, it is truly MS. However, because of some selling each way, Dave's wallet was the one that was worse for wear after our meeting. hm

You crafty Vet you :)

Nice one Tom! And I believe my coin is very original, and it has wonderful satiny luster under the toning which my pathetic photography skills failed to pick up!

Nice one Tom! And I believe my coin is very original, and it has wonderful satiny luster under the toning which my pathetic photography skills failed to pick up!

Yeah realy carnt tell on yours but I am sure it is great in hand

That 1836 CBH really does show a tremendous amount of luster underneath the patina and I would have to venture a grade of Ch AU on the coin.

The 1836 has a grade on the slab of AU-58, and I would agree with it, even though my photo skills cannot support it!

Well thanks Tom, my photo skills aside, it's tough taking the picture through the slab with all the glare, which is why busties should really not be slabbed!

Well thanks Tom, my photo skills aside, it's tough taking the picture through the slab with all the glare, which is why busties should really not be slabbed!

Wonder how they will look in the NEW holders hm

That looks to be an honest grade for that coin.

And yours is .......???

If you are asking what I grade the 1836 CBH then I would have to go with at least AU55 and could certainly go with AU58 if I could see the coin in-hand. If you are asking if the grade of MS63 is accurate, in my opinion, for my 1838 RE half then, yes, that is an accurate grade. My conclusion is based upon the fact that the luster is muted fairly strongly on my coin even though the surfaces are cleaner, in terms of hits and marks, than an MS63 coin.

Well, It always seems to happen. I get completely out bid everytime I go for a coin, then, just when I decide I'm willing to pay a little more to FINALLY win, I end up winning the auction for $10-15 less than I lost the last few for.

Don't you love it?

Well, the latest additions to my Presidential Dollars set: MS66FD Jacksons. There are a couple of 2007s I need to upgrade, but my set is definitely more MS66FD than MS65FD now.

66656.jpg.036d2bea6bc037074ae9b34a6e45ee16.jpg

Nice Busties there Jeff!

Nice prez's there Rev. I'm hoping to get a set just like these tomorrow. We'll see how high they get.

So far anyway the prices seem to be down this weekend. Good luck. Though I think you should have been bidding today. The set that ended after mine realized the lowest price in over a month I think. Though I still did pretty good. :)