• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

You know, I bought this one for my 7070 (which the monkey also sold me!) and now I am thinking about maybe keeping it in the slab for my Bust set. I've spent most of my time in busties looking at the 1807-36 seriesbut these represent a really interesting transitional design that I might need to spend more time with!

Broadstruck lead me to a web-site awhile ago and I found this little

gem AU-58 dime for my duplicate set of certified Barber Dimes.

Sellers Images of 1908-S Dime - PCGS AU 58:

65849.jpg.16b060a0fca12534a09aa6c42d6f9d3f.jpg

Hi Chris,

I try and get away every Summer to the cottage

on Cape Cod; some years its only a week or two,

other years - like last year and this - I got 6-8 weeks

...its all predicated on sales and how busy I am - or not.

This year I made my sales quota by mid March - and then

by July, sales were stagnent...so...off to the Cape I went.

EDIT : EDIT: EDIT: EDIT:

I decided not to have the 2 walkers sent to me because of

the NEWP of the following 1909-O Half in NGC 58.

Both of Broadstruck's Walkers are superior for the grade

and otherwise, I would have been thrilled to have added

them to my collection; however, Barbers are my main interest

and as we all know - we can't buy everything we would like to.

EDITED POST - FORWARD -----

Great looking coins all! You have inspired me to buy another coin. :)

PS My BTW, 18 coin set is now ranked as number 9! I broke into the top ten which is always nice if you're into the point system and such.

If I am interpreting the images correctly that is a stunning Elgin and a really cool Peace dollar! (thumbs u

I'm in agreement! (thumbs u

Picked this one up today:

DSCN7310A.jpg

DSCN7301B.jpg

Received the first Jacksons Liberty today, amazing looking coin but some tiny spots in the frosted finish under magnification. No 70 :( fingers crossed on the next one

Let me rephrase. AMAZING looking coin. The mints image gives a good account but seeing one for real is much nicer :D

Just received today, an 1883 Train Medal designed by both Barber and Morgan. The images do not do the colors/toning on this medal justice. The other aspect I like is that on the reverse where it could be engraved as to who it was awarded to is blank. So in my mind, since this is another addition to my Railway/Railroad/Train related coins and medals set in honor of my Father, this one is awarded to him.

Rey

1883BarberandMorganMedalObv.jpg

1883BarberandMorganMedalRev.jpg

This image is meant to show Barber and Mogan better

BarberMorgan.jpg

Ok this was an upgrade purchase from MS65. A very inexpensive jump up to a great looking golden toned 1946S BTW. It's also the coin I have with the most toning now. I find I like the golden color which is more prevalent on the reverse.

Included is a pic of the entire BTW set w/ the following dates/grades.

All graded by either NGC or PCGS

1946 MS66,65,66

1947 MS65,65,65

1948 MS65,65,66

1949 MS66,66,66

1950 MS66,65,66

1951 MS65,65,65

Enjoy

65966.jpg.09fd8afd35b70ea29ab7c4fa970c0a61.jpg

65967.jpg.d67e939c0d10dde30ef7448053b30dfe.jpg

65968.jpg.45507e6817b4c4e1785c817e01f99837.jpg

This is a cry for help. I am a new person to this site and do not know where to go or how to "post" my questions. Maybe you can help me. I have some US coins that I would like to know what they are worth? They are Saint Gaudens, Bufaloe nickel, and a Morgan. If you could direct me to the right site that would be great. Thank you.

This is a cry for help. I am a new person to this site and do not know where to go or how to "post" my questions. Maybe you can help me. I have some US coins that I would like to know what they are worth? They are Saint Gaudens, Bufaloe nickel, and a Morgan. If you could direct me to the right site that would be great. Thank you.

Your in the right section....just start a new thread under the US coins header and post all the questions you want. If you want coin evaluations then pictures always help. Good Luck and Welcome to the Boards. :applause:

instructions.jpg

Edited by kryptonitecomics