• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Nice stuff all. Mike that Shield Nickel is a gorgeous.

I've been really limited lately on what I can buy (afford) but did manage to pick up this piece today. These are the sellers pics and I'm hoping it's nice in hand.

CroppedLexObv.jpgCroppedLexRev.jpg

Irvin, nice looking assortment of coins. I particularly like the Merc... very attractive! :applause:

Mike, nice circulated Barbers for your collection. Good stuff. (thumbs u

Mike (inFL). WOW that Shield nickel is Gorgeous! A very attractive coin. :applause:

Dwaine, that's a good looking '95-S, congrats on the pickup. :applause:

Rev, good going on the Abe, good luck on completing the set. (thumbs u

TR, that's an attractive looking Lexington! (thumbs u

As mentioned previously I've started to back into getting some toner Roosies. Well, low and behold, Nick ATS, just had a big slug of toner Roosies up for sale. I ordered up 12 of them (all *'ed or FT or both) and got them yesterday. 11 of the 12 were very appealing, so I bought them (the 12th was a 1958-P and why it got starred is beyond me, I'll be sending it back). Most of Nick's images don't really show the coins that well so (Bob, please hear my plea) I'll have to get them properly imaged. Here's an image that is pretty good of one of my favorite pickups, a 1947-S in MS67*FT.

47S67FTstarobv.jpg

47S67FTstarrev.jpg

A very nice surprise arrived in the mail yesterday. I'm on to the final lap of completing my MS65+ toner Franklin set. I had 3 coins to go; '50-D, '60-D and '61-D. They are all VERY difficult years to find toned because in 1950 there were NO mint sets and in 1960-1 the mint sets were plastic flatpacks so no mint set toning. Anyhow, I saw a 1950-D in PCGS MS65FBL on fleaBay late last week that had bad images that showed a spot of red toning (and what I assumed was brown, maybe golden-brown on a fair amount of the obverse). I won it and got it yesterday. Low and behold, it is VERY nicely toned for the date/mm. Iridescent red, orange, green and bits of blue, on both sides. Given that the Franklin set is the set that is nearest and dearest to my heart I was a VERY happy camper. The seller's images don't do it justice, so I won't post them.

Well, I think I got a great deal on this coin from Ebay. I wanted to wait until I got the coin due to description different than title and pictures. I got this for $61.00 Shipped:

1970S1CSmallDateProof67CAM.jpg

1970S1CSmallDateProof67CAMReverse.jpg

I've had some problems locating any nice additions for my Trade Dollar

Collection until the other day...I think this one was worth the wait...

62329-1877-PTradePCGS55.jpg.a93470f50bb1550aaeeb5c60c9b17f08.jpg

I've had some problems locating any nice additions for my Trade Dollar

Collection until the other day...I think this one was worth the wait...

I have been looking for one as well and yes....I haven't seen a lot of nice examples but had I seen that one...cha ching (worship)

Nice coins ya'll. Just got this in from my good friend and forum member (ibuyandsellsmith).

1981sIGCPR69DcamType2Jeff.jpg

Nice coin there, Bobby. I can't say I've ever liked the look of those ICG slabs though. Is it a crack out?

I haven't decided yet. I have a 81s ty1 in my Dansco and was thinking of swapping it out for this ty2 because the Dansco doesn't have a slot for both. I wonder why they don't when they have the slot for ty1 & ty2 of the 79s?

Very nice Quarter Larry, nice additions everyone actually. Here is one of my new ones, a Commemorative for the San Francisco Mint 1874-1934, thought it was interesting. When held correctly in the light some very nice purples and blues are evident throughout the states. Notice the S Mint Mark.

Rey

1937SFMintCommemorativeObv.jpg

1937SFMintCommemorativeRev.jpg

Very nice Quarter Larry, nice additions everyone actually. Here is one of my new ones, a Commemorative for the San Francisco Mint 1874-1934, thought it was interesting. When held correctly in the light some very nice purples and blues are evident throughout the states. Notice the S Mint Mark.

Rey

1937SFMintCommemorativeObv.jpg

1937SFMintCommemorativeRev.jpg

hm I can't speak for the toning, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't those bronze metals still available from the mint for ~$4 (assuming it's a 1.5" and not a 3" medal)? I've often considered buying several of those "U.S. Treasury Facilities" metals (or whatever they're called) just for fun. Some of them look neat and are well designed, some of them are just kinda "blah."

In any case, that's a good one. (thumbs u

I just sent payment to get this puppy (and 2 other coins) from Coinman1794. It was a tiny bit more than what I was originally going for (I was just looking for a nice MS66FB type coin) but it was also a slightly better date and a drop-dead gorgeous coin!

62406.jpg.7a623bb9110c0e1aa0bc0de7fbc0848d.jpg

62407.jpg.803d4519333cba7733f1e35ef2a991eb.jpg

I believe the piece that Rey is showing was often included in the S-Mint US Mint Sets as an extra medal.

Tom, I seem to recall seeing a small medalet in a Mint Set somewhere, but it was for the Treasury Department only and not any particular Mint facility. You can still get the bronze medals, both 1-1/2" & 3", from the Mint for all of the facilities, excluding Dahlonega and Charlotte.

Chris

Picked up on feebay for like $7 including shipping. I enjoy the rim toning on these proofs but was wondering if these ANACS slabs contribute or cause this type of toning? I own others with similar toning in the same slabs. Plus seen similar toning all in old ANACS slabs.... hm

IMG_0581.jpg

62PF66.jpg

62PFrev.jpg