• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Cool pickups, Harv!

Boiler78 - :o(worship):applause::headbang:^^

Won these two yesterday on ebay. $11.73 for the pair, and most of that was shipping. Kind of feel sorry for the seller.

His pics

57749-4c0b_1.jpg.bc1dbdc1762c73b34197eb686d23b383.jpg

57750-ff6a_1.jpg.c42c253d0fb968015e40475b4482bb5f.jpg

Boiler, that is an absolutely incredible half-dime!!! Not only are these pieces tough to find in higher grades, but it seems that most were struck in an insufficient manner that rendered large portions of the eagle as a blob. That is a beautiful coin.

The most recent addition to my type set. These early pieces are kinda hard to find.

1797_half_dime_tv.jpg

It is interesting to note the star placement and how cramped the 6 stars are in the viewer's right field. I think on hind thought that one of the 6 stars should have been placed with the eight on the left.

Tom

This example is definitely above average for the issue from a strike standpoint. The image doesn't show it but the coin is also fully P/L which visually entertaining in hand.

Glad you all like it. :)

Mark

Tom

This example is definitely above average for the issue from a strike standpoint. The image doesn't show it but the coin is also fully P/L which visually entertaining in hand.

Glad you all like it. :)

Mark

Awesome coin Boiler. :applause::banana:

Nice coins Harvey and Bob. (thumbs u

Those are very cool Victor. ^^

Here are my newps. :grin:

Think the quarter is a strike thru. (shrug)

Picture018-15-1.jpgPicture019-7-1.jpg

Picture013-19-1.jpg

Picture015-15-1.jpg

The most recent addition to my type set. These early pieces are kinda hard to find.

1797_half_dime_tv.jpg

It is interesting to note the star placement and how cramped the 6 stars are in the viewer's right field. I think on hind thought that one of the 6 stars should have been placed with the eight on the left.

Um.........Victor........I count 7 stars on the right.

Chris

Congrat's on an amazing piece of history!!

:cloud9:

Bob, nice lookin' MS67 Roosies, particularly at their price! :applause:

Harvey, good lookin' bust material. I hope you get the PO1. :applause:

Boiler, OMG, that is a MOOSE of a coin... or it being a small coin, is that a MOOSETTE? In any case it is gorgeous!!! (thumbs u :applause:(worship)

Irvin fun pair of O coins. I particularly like the A&R. :applause:

1797_half_dime_tv.jpg

I have only seen a few of these and hardly any compare to this fablulous coin.

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Sort of puts a damper on my last purchase for the Barber Quarter Collection:

57784-1901-S_Quarter_AU55PCGS_rev_small.jpg.e9dbb621a87579f6f614fad681fcc818.jpg

57785-1901-S_Quarter_AU55PCGS_obv_small.jpg.2da31345eccda44be5093e10c477a87c.jpg

57788-1901-S_Quarter_AU55PCGS_close_small.jpg.8eca53917166669e37cffa8b24b35fb0.jpg

Today I got in the mail most of the material from the space auction of a couple of weeks ago. One of the lots that I won was a grab bag collection of Jerry Hammack's "Space Jewelry". (Hammack was a top NASA administrator during the '60's and '70's). Mostly we're talking cheesy enameled brass pins or charm bracelet type stuff with the flight design of the missions as the subject matter. However, there were a couple of fun items.

There were two really neat pieces. The first was a NACA 10 year service pin (NACA was the precursor to NASA). I've never seen/heard of another one of these pins, so that was quite cool. However, NACA was around from 1915-58 so there must be some other ones out there. The second item was even cooler. It is a tie clip that shows a linked Gemini-Agena spacecraft. Given that the Gemini/Agena only was in use for about 1 year I suspect that there are very few of these items still floating around.

NACAPin.jpg

GeminiAgenaPin2.jpg

EDITED TO ADD: WOOHOO!!! Just got in the mail today Deke Slayton's Turtle Club pins! :cloud9:

Edited by SkyMan

Irvin, those A&R quarters look good in higher circulated grades, and yours is an O mint, to boot! (thumbs u

Elbesaar, congratulations on finally getting your '01-s. :applause: I don't think it's "damped" at all. Now what are you going to put in your sig line?

Very cool tie clasp, Skyman!

Thanks Sy and Bob. (thumbs u

Nice final addition to your Barbers, Mike. ^^

Edited by rrantique

Great 1901-S Mike. Finally. :acclaim:

Very cool, historical items Sy. I'm glad they finally arrived. (thumbs u When are you going to open your museum?

Speaking of museums, when are you going to open yours Boiler. Another fantastic piece of history. :o

I don't know that anyone could put a damper on what appears to be at least a Ch EF and likely an AU 1901-S Barber quarter. :o

I don't know that anyone could put a damper on what appears to be at least a Ch EF and likely an AU 1901-S Barber quarter. :o

Tom...Its in a PCGS AU 55 holder.

:cloud9:

Thanks for the great feedback bsshog! I love the strike on both of those coins. The Iowa is a MS67 and the BTW is a MS66. The Iowa is now my highest graded early commemorative. It takes some money to go higher than MS67. That reminds me, is this where I beg for money? (shrug)

Elbesaar, That is a outstanding Barber (worship) Very nice!

I have some newps this week from board members... Thanks airplanenut and Pat.

20D from airplanenut

Clip20d.jpg

17P from Pat

17p.jpg

nice finds you lot .. just won this bag of gash off ebay hope there are some cherrys in the lot (shrug)

sellers discription of the lot :-

dimes 1899 mint mark ( 0 ) 1892----1904------1943-----cents1887----1890-----1864----1873-----Buffalo 5 cents 1930-------5 cents 1892------large cent 1840 all dates clear.

f806_1.jpg

f90a_1.jpg

Edited by dooly

nice finds you lot .. just won this bag of gash off ebay hope there are some cherrys in the lot (shrug)

:roflmao: He said bag of gash! :roflmao: