• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Bourbon Trailer, welcome to the Forums, looking forward to hearing more from you, nice results on your submissions.

Zach, Nice looking Winged Liberty. (package arrived yesterday, thanks)

Rey

A humble purchase, but unfortunately it is all that my budget will allow right now.

Zach, some of my favorite coins were "humble purchases"! (thumbs u

Hello friends, Bourbon Trailer back. I will figure out the pictures tonight, but I thought I'd make my Christmas wish in early May. My next acquisition will be a MSxx 1932-D Washington Quarter. It has taken me 12.5 years of saving and cracking coins from slabs, but I have finally managed to get my Washington set completely in BU. The Dansco folder is complete, with proofs. Unfortunately, the 1932-D is driving me nuts. I am a true completist collector. I purchased a 1932-D on Ebay, paid some pretty high coin, and I am pretty sure that someone has been playing with their alchemist set. It has some toning that does not pass my smell test for natural. If I post her, can you boys give a peek and see what you think?

Thank you. You seem like a freindly and supportive bunch.

Just another brown piece of copper:

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

large.jpg

And a beauty it is at that!! (worship)

Arrived yesterday from NE Numismatics:

DSCN6062A.jpg

DSCN6062.jpg

DSCN6061.jpg

DSCN6056A.jpg

This is my latest acquisition - an S-235 1802 Draped Bust Large Cent. There's a nice rim cud @ 1 o'clock on the obverse and a weak strike in the date/breast area and on the opposite side of the coin in the "OF" area. I believe this to be a Sheldon 235 variety but I may be wrong so confirmation would be appreciated. Also, there are signs of past corrosion so this has been cleaned at some time.

1802obvnj7.jpg

1802revdk1.jpg

Ribbit,

Toad :)

I got these last week from a fellow board member, I think they are very cool!

1938p5cpattobv.jpg

1938p5cpattrev.jpg

1938p5cpattprobv.jpg

1938p5cpattprrev.jpg

Beautiful coins everyone, (thumbs u

Bobby, original Felix Schlag design Jefferson memorial reverse. (thumbs u

Yes Bobby, these are tokens made in 2002 based on the original designs submitted by Schlag for the Jefferson nickel, the lettering is slightly different and the reverse is of Monticello at a slight angle rather than straight on. These were minted in 999 silver I believe.

I really like those Jefferson nickel design tokens and they are still available, I believe, from the FSNC.

I really like those Jefferson nickel design tokens and they are still available, I believe, from the FSNC.

Thanks Irvin and Jeff. I knew I had seen these before just forgot what they were. I agree with you Tom, I would like to have one of these just to have. What's FSNC??

BTW, Nice Comm there Lee. I like the color!