• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,902 posts in this topic

Sweet hunting all..

It is unlike me but i have strayed over the road as these came as buyitnow on ebay and a fair price so i nabbed them 6 minutes after they were listed .. the seller was well shocked lol

If anyone would be nice enough to check the numbers out for me as i am not a member over there.. i would be most grateful

I also know nothing about PCGS do they check for varietys when grading ?

Sellers pictures

2d80_1.jpg

2e9c_1.jpg2f70_1.jpg

7ffc_1.jpg

8153_1.jpg8245_1.jpg

Edited by dooly

Dracula, nice Roosie. (thumbs u

Harvey, congrats on the book, I hope you get lots of pleasure out of reading it and then putting it to good use! :applause:

HalfCollector, nice CBH's. (thumbs u

Ant, gotta' love a lustrous Frankie! :applause:

Dooly, attractive looking Merc and Peace. :applause:

Today I was at a swimmeet for my youngest daughter. At one point there was a 1 1/2 - 2 hour break between her races so I wandered over to a B&M that was a 5-10 minute walk away. I looked through their boxes of raw Peace dollars and Frankies, and found a halfway decent 1922 Peace. Before I bought it though I saw that they had a couple of boxes of slabbed coins so I browsed through them.

One of the 4 remaining holes in my Frankie set was the 1959-D. Low and behold there were 3 attractive '59-D's all slabbed NGC MS65. One was an old green label "fatty" that had lovely soft blue/purple, green, red, and orange toning. Needless to say, I forgot about the Peace dollar and bought the '59-D. Also, they didn't give FBL back then, and this coin has a serious shot at FBL'ing if I ever re-slab it. My best guess is that it is album toned. It's a lot of fun to stumble upon a nice example of something that you have been looking for for a long time. It definitely made my day.

My friend Broadstruck - who usually posts accross the street - notified me

of this stunning 1916-D Quarter in a PCGS 58 holder. A nice upgrade to my

PCGS 55.

He calls it AU 64 - and I have to agree with him...

57038-1916DQuarterPCGS58.jpg.ae958bffaab628d22f78fe96ba9168b8.jpg

57039-1916DQuaterPCGS58REV.jpg.935f82b86670a9cb5192a035110a0c56.jpg

Today I was at a swimmeet for my youngest daughter. At one point there was a 1 1/2 - 2 hour break between her races so I wandered over to a B&M that was a 5-10 minute walk away. I looked through their boxes of raw Peace dollars and Frankies, and found a halfway decent 1922 Peace. Before I bought it though I saw that they had a couple of boxes of slabbed coins so I browsed through them.

One of the 4 remaining holes in my Frankie set was the 1959-D. Low and behold there were 3 attractive '59-D's all slabbed NGC MS65. One was an old green label "fatty" that had lovely soft blue/purple, green, red, and orange toning. Needless to say, I forgot about the Peace dollar and bought the '59-D. Also, they didn't give FBL back then, and this coin has a serious shot at FBL'ing if I ever re-slab it. My best guess is that it is album toned. It's a lot of fun to stumble upon a nice example of something that you have been looking for for a long time. It definitely made my day.

Cool story! (thumbs u

Nice '16-D Mike. I don't see much AU about that one. (thumbs u

Great 32 Harvey. Too bad the S fell off. :applause:

OK Chad, let's see some pics of the coins now. Nice camera. Can't wait to see the results. :banana:

Nice story Sy. I'm looking forward to seeing your new pickups. Knowing your taste and eye, I have no doubt that they are all a ^^

TR, good looking '24 Peace. (thumbs u

ES, that is a sweet looking quarter! :applause:

Harvey, I agree with Broadstruck, that will go well with your '17 T. 1, and it is very attractive in it's own right! :applause:

MM, nice shots and some fun numismania there! :applause:

Picked this up tonight on E-Bay. It gives me a whopping 6 points in my 20th century type set. But who really cares about points when the coin looks like this.

JeffersonNickel1964NGCPF67.jpg

Just picked this up in Spain for little money lets see how it comes out

I think it could be a fancy 5 but that's about all i could say from the seller photos lol

2cents1.jpg2cents2.jpg

and even with my fiddling about its not a lot clearer.. gosh i love hunting (thumbs u

2cents1-1.jpg2cents2-1.jpg